Are you considering a degree in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For some people, these types of shows stimulated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your career started.
Many universities and online colleges offer one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In most instances, a one or two year associate’s degree will qualify you for a position on a law enforcement agency, although continued education is always encouraged.
There are many avenues that you can go with your criminal justice degree. Some graduates go on to work in fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government protection forces, correction officers, probation officers or private detective services.
If you have aspirations of becoming an FBI agent or related agency member, you will need to get your bachelor’s of science degree plus go through a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You will probably be required to possess a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, and be able to pass a thorough background check.
Online learning is a terrific alternative to campus classes for those who are on a busy schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a criminal justice degree program at their own pace. These web-based programs are built to accommodate working students and to fit your own personal schedule.
Many of these jobs are in fields where employment is in modest demand. You can get the technical training you need to compete for one of these jobs.
Most of the accredited schools mentioned here provide job placement assistance to students, new graduates and alumni.
And if you are already employed, your agency or other employer may pay for some or all of your tuition costs related to criminal justice training courses.
Add your zip code below and click submit to search for a school:
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- And more...
- Available programs include B.S. and M.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Legal Studies, and A.S. in Paralegal Studies.
- Accreditation for the Legal Studies and Paralegal Studies programs by the American Bar Association (ABA) at select campuses.
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Criminal Justice degree programs include BA in Social and Criminal Justice, BA in Law Enforcement Administration, and more.
- Coursework covers areas such as forensics, criminal psychology, crime prevention, and terrorism.
- Degree programs are 100% online, and can fit with any schedule.
- MS/Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- BA/Social and Criminal Justice - Criminal Investigations
- MS/Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
But maybe this field isn’t right for you. There are other great career fields. For instance, the culinary arts offers a variety of jobs, from cooking to restaurant management. Find out more if you would be a good fit.