Are you considering a degree in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For some people, these types of shows stimulated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your career started.
Many universities and online colleges offer one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In most instances, a one or two year associate’s degree will qualify you for a position on a law enforcement agency, although continued education is always encouraged.
There are many avenues that you can go with your criminal justice degree. Some graduates go on to work in fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government protection forces, correction officers, probation officers or private detective services.
If you have aspirations of becoming an FBI agent or related agency member, you will need to get your bachelor’s of science degree plus go through a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You will probably be required to possess a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, and be able to pass a thorough background check.
Online learning is a terrific alternative to campus classes for those who are on a busy schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a criminal justice degree program at their own pace. These web-based programs are built to accommodate working students and to fit your own personal schedule.
Many of these jobs are in fields where employment is in modest demand. You can get the technical training you need to compete for one of these jobs.
Most of the accredited schools mentioned here provide job placement assistance to students, new graduates and alumni.
And if you are already employed, your agency or other employer may pay for some or all of your tuition costs related to criminal justice training courses.
Add your zip code below and click submit to search for a school:
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- BA Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice
- BA Criminal Justice - Administration of Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Violent extremism poses a serious threat to the safety of our citizens and the security of our nation. Military professionals, like you, who understand violent extremism and can develop strategies are critical to our defense. Nichols College is proud to support your efforts with a low cost way for active duty and reserve military personnel to earn a Master of Science in Counterterrorism.
Our reduced tuition for current service members aligns cost with your Federal Military Tuition Assistance — $250 per credit hour, up to $4,500 per year. Complete the 30-credit program in less than two years at no personal expense, or invest to graduate sooner!
- Master of Science in Counterterrorism
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
But maybe this field isn’t right for you. There are other great career fields. For instance, the culinary arts offers a variety of jobs, from cooking to restaurant management. Find out more if you would be a good fit.