Are you considering a degree in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For some people, these types of shows stimulated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your career started.
Many universities and online colleges offer one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In most instances, a one or two year associate’s degree will qualify you for a position on a law enforcement agency, although continued education is always encouraged.
There are many avenues that you can go with your criminal justice degree. Some graduates go on to work in fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government protection forces, correction officers, probation officers or private detective services.
If you have aspirations of becoming an FBI agent or related agency member, you will need to get your bachelor’s of science degree plus go through a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You will probably be required to possess a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, and be able to pass a thorough background check.
Online learning is a terrific alternative to campus classes for those who are on a busy schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a criminal justice degree program at their own pace. These web-based programs are built to accommodate working students and to fit your own personal schedule.
Many of these jobs are in fields where employment is in modest demand. You can get the technical training you need to compete for one of these jobs.
Most of the accredited schools mentioned here provide job placement assistance to students, new graduates and alumni.
And if you are already employed, your agency or other employer may pay for some or all of your tuition costs related to criminal justice training courses.
Add your zip code below and click submit to search for a school:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Behavioral Crime Analysis (Certificate) - Online
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
But maybe this field isn’t right for you. There are other great career fields. For instance, the culinary arts offers a variety of jobs, from cooking to restaurant management. Find out more if you would be a good fit.