Are you considering a degree in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Practically all of us have grown up watching television programs and movies depicting the police and other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For a few folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If this might be your career calling too, you could enroll at a law enforcement from an online college and get your new career moving.
Some schools and web-based colleges present one or two year diplomas in addition to bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Work?
In a good number of cases, a one or two-year associate’s diploma can make you qualified for a position with a legal enforcement service, while continued education is always recommended.
There are numerous ways you might decide to take with your criminal justice degree. Many graduates get to work in areas like independent security agencies, police departments, city government agencies, corrections guards, probation officials or private eye services.
Should you have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to get your bachelor of science diploma plus get a couple of years of professional work experience. You could possibly have to have a diploma from a set range of permitted majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be able to pass a detailed background records check.
Online education can be a fantastic substitute to classroom courses for people who are on a crowded daily schedule, employed full time, or merely choose to take a career training course at their own personal rate. These web systems are established to accommodate working students and to suit your individual routine.
A large number of vocations are in specific areas where job opportunities are in moderate demand. But you can get the technical instruction you must have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
A lot of the approved schools mentioned on this site include job placement services to students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you’re currently employed in this field, your state agency or other employer might possibly pay for some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges connected with these training programs.
See these good options:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate of Occupational Science
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Science
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
There are other career fields out there. Look at other local career training.