Do you have an interest in working as a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows depicting police detectives or other law agencies combating crime. For some folks, these types of shows activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this could be your calling too, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your new career going.
Some schools and online institutions give one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a large percentage of circumstances, a one or two-year associate’s degree might qualify you for a beginning job with a local law enforcement organization, while extended education is always encouraged.
There are several local paths you might set off on with your new law enforcement degree. Many students begin their work in job areas such as independent security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
For people with aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal agency member, you will need to secure your bachelor’s of science degree plus get a couple of years of solid employment experience. You could possibly be required to possess a diploma from a group range of accepted majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be able to successfully pass a complete background screening.
Online learning is a remarkable substitute to walk-on campus education for those who are on a challenging schedule, holding a job full time, or merely wish to work on a career training package at their own personal tempo. These web-based systems are made to work with on the job students and to fit with your own private daily routine.
Most of these positions are in careers where jobs are in modest demand. You can secure the exact training you really must have to be competitive for one of these jobs.
Almost all the approved colleges discussed here deliver work placement guidance to students, recent graduates and even past students.
Plus for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your city agency or other employer may cover a portion or perhaps even all your tuition expenses connected with these training programs.
Take a look at these options:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Law enforcement might not be right for you, see other options in Anchorage.