Do you have an interest in working as a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows depicting police detectives or other law agencies combating crime. For some folks, these types of shows activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this could be your calling too, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your new career going.
Some schools and online institutions give one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a large percentage of circumstances, a one or two-year associate’s degree might qualify you for a beginning job with a local law enforcement organization, while extended education is always encouraged.
There are several local paths you might set off on with your new law enforcement degree. Many students begin their work in job areas such as independent security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
For people with aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal agency member, you will need to secure your bachelor’s of science degree plus get a couple of years of solid employment experience. You could possibly be required to possess a diploma from a group range of accepted majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be able to successfully pass a complete background screening.
Online learning is a remarkable substitute to walk-on campus education for those who are on a challenging schedule, holding a job full time, or merely wish to work on a career training package at their own personal tempo. These web-based systems are made to work with on the job students and to fit with your own private daily routine.
Most of these positions are in careers where jobs are in modest demand. You can secure the exact training you really must have to be competitive for one of these jobs.
Almost all the approved colleges discussed here deliver work placement guidance to students, recent graduates and even past students.
Plus for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your city agency or other employer may cover a portion or perhaps even all your tuition expenses connected with these training programs.
Take a look at these options:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Law enforcement might not be right for you, see other options in Anchorage.