Are you considering going to college for a law enforcement or criminal justice degree?
Practically all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career up and running.
Many schools and online universities supply one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a good number of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will make you eligible for a job with a city law department, while continuing education is often encouraged.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your criminal justice education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private eye companies.
In case you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to achieve your bachelor’s of science degree and go through some solid job experience. You could need to have a diploma from a group list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be ready to get through a complete background check.
Web-based education is simply a terrific option to campus-based classes for people on a busy daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply need to take a career training package at their own speed. These internet systems are developed to cater to on the job students and to fit your own private routine.
A large number of jobs are in career fields where work is in just moderate demand. But you could get the specialized training and education you have to have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the accredited schools outlined on this site include job placement support to current students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you’re currently working in this field, your organization or private company employer might cover some or even all your tuition costs connected with these continuing education classes.
Check out these schools:
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science - Paralegal Studies
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Law enforcement may not be the perfect fit for you. How about business training in Phoenix.