Are you considering going to college for a law enforcement or criminal justice degree?
Practically all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career up and running.
Many schools and online universities supply one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a good number of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will make you eligible for a job with a city law department, while continuing education is often encouraged.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your criminal justice education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private eye companies.
In case you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to achieve your bachelor’s of science degree and go through some solid job experience. You could need to have a diploma from a group list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be ready to get through a complete background check.
Web-based education is simply a terrific option to campus-based classes for people on a busy daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply need to take a career training package at their own speed. These internet systems are developed to cater to on the job students and to fit your own private routine.
A large number of jobs are in career fields where work is in just moderate demand. But you could get the specialized training and education you have to have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the accredited schools outlined on this site include job placement support to current students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you’re currently working in this field, your organization or private company employer might cover some or even all your tuition costs connected with these continuing education classes.
Check out these schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Law enforcement may not be the perfect fit for you. How about business training in Phoenix.