Are you considering going to college for a law enforcement or criminal justice degree?
Practically all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career up and running.
Many schools and online universities supply one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a good number of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will make you eligible for a job with a city law department, while continuing education is often encouraged.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your criminal justice education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private eye companies.
In case you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to achieve your bachelor’s of science degree and go through some solid job experience. You could need to have a diploma from a group list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be ready to get through a complete background check.
Web-based education is simply a terrific option to campus-based classes for people on a busy daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply need to take a career training package at their own speed. These internet systems are developed to cater to on the job students and to fit your own private routine.
A large number of jobs are in career fields where work is in just moderate demand. But you could get the specialized training and education you have to have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the accredited schools outlined on this site include job placement support to current students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you’re currently working in this field, your organization or private company employer might cover some or even all your tuition costs connected with these continuing education classes.
Check out these schools:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Law enforcement may not be the perfect fit for you. How about business training in Phoenix.