Are you considering a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Almost everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting police officers or other law agencies overcoming crime. For a few folks, these kinds of movies and shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good school and get your career rolling.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions deliver one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year associate’s diploma might make you qualified for an entry job with a city law department, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There are several avenues you might go with your criminal justice education. A lot of graduates start to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
If you have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable federal agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will likely be asked to attain a degree from a specified list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and also be prepared to pass a detailed history screening.
Web-based education is a remarkable solution to campus courses for those folks who are on a overloaded daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely choose to go through a diploma package at their own speed. These web courses are established to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual schedule.
Most of these positions are in careers where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the specialized education you really should have to contend for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools outlined on this site deliver employment placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently employed in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all of your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
See some local schools:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Maybe you aren’t suited for a career in the legal or law enforcement area. See business training in Little Rock.