Are you considering a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Almost everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting police officers or other law agencies overcoming crime. For a few folks, these kinds of movies and shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good school and get your career rolling.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions deliver one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year associate’s diploma might make you qualified for an entry job with a city law department, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There are several avenues you might go with your criminal justice education. A lot of graduates start to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
If you have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable federal agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will likely be asked to attain a degree from a specified list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and also be prepared to pass a detailed history screening.
Web-based education is a remarkable solution to campus courses for those folks who are on a overloaded daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely choose to go through a diploma package at their own speed. These web courses are established to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual schedule.
Most of these positions are in careers where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the specialized education you really should have to contend for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools outlined on this site deliver employment placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently employed in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all of your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
See some local schools:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Maybe you aren’t suited for a career in the legal or law enforcement area. See business training in Little Rock.