Are you considering a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Almost everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting police officers or other law agencies overcoming crime. For a few folks, these kinds of movies and shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good school and get your career rolling.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions deliver one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year associate’s diploma might make you qualified for an entry job with a city law department, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There are several avenues you might go with your criminal justice education. A lot of graduates start to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
If you have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable federal agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will likely be asked to attain a degree from a specified list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and also be prepared to pass a detailed history screening.
Web-based education is a remarkable solution to campus courses for those folks who are on a overloaded daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely choose to go through a diploma package at their own speed. These web courses are established to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual schedule.
Most of these positions are in careers where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the specialized education you really should have to contend for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools outlined on this site deliver employment placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently employed in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all of your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
See some local schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Maybe you aren’t suited for a career in the legal or law enforcement area. See business training in Little Rock.