Are you considering a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Almost everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting police officers or other law agencies overcoming crime. For a few folks, these kinds of movies and shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good school and get your career rolling.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions deliver one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year associate’s diploma might make you qualified for an entry job with a city law department, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There are several avenues you might go with your criminal justice education. A lot of graduates start to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator companies.
If you have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable federal agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will likely be asked to attain a degree from a specified list of permitted majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and also be prepared to pass a detailed history screening.
Web-based education is a remarkable solution to campus courses for those folks who are on a overloaded daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely choose to go through a diploma package at their own speed. These web courses are established to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual schedule.
Most of these positions are in careers where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the specialized education you really should have to contend for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools outlined on this site deliver employment placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently employed in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all of your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
See some local schools:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Maybe you aren’t suited for a career in the legal or law enforcement area. See business training in Little Rock.