Would a career in law or criminal justice be something that interests you?
Nearly everyone has spent years watching tv programs and movies showing the police and other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a good college and get your career going.
A good number of schools and online universities supply one and two year degrees in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year community college diploma may make you eligible for an entry position with a local law service, even though extra education is commonly recommended.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can travel with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of students will go on to work in areas such as independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officials, probation department officials or private detective services.
People who have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will have to get your bachelor of science degree plus get a couple of years of solid work experience. You will likely have to have a diploma from a set range of majors, have fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to pass a comprehensive background screening.
Online education is really a great substitute to campus courses for those on a demanding daily schedule, employed full time, or simply choose to take a degree package at their own personal pace. These internet programs are constructed to work with on the job students and to fit with your individual routine.
A lot of these careers are in fields where work is in average demand. But you may get the exact training and education you will need to contend for one of these work opportunities.
A lot of the approved institutions mentioned on this site deliver job placement services to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And in case you are currently employed in this field, your city agency or private company employer may pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Here are some good choices:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science - Paralegal Studies
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Criminology and Emergency Response Management
Law enforcement and these types of jobs may not be suited for some people. You have options – http://www.onlinembaschools.org