Would a career in law or criminal justice be something that interests you?
Nearly everyone has spent years watching tv programs and movies showing the police and other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a good college and get your career going.
A good number of schools and online universities supply one and two year degrees in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year community college diploma may make you eligible for an entry position with a local law service, even though extra education is commonly recommended.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can travel with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of students will go on to work in areas such as independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officials, probation department officials or private detective services.
People who have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will have to get your bachelor of science degree plus get a couple of years of solid work experience. You will likely have to have a diploma from a set range of majors, have fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to pass a comprehensive background screening.
Online education is really a great substitute to campus courses for those on a demanding daily schedule, employed full time, or simply choose to take a degree package at their own personal pace. These internet programs are constructed to work with on the job students and to fit with your individual routine.
A lot of these careers are in fields where work is in average demand. But you may get the exact training and education you will need to contend for one of these work opportunities.
A lot of the approved institutions mentioned on this site deliver job placement services to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And in case you are currently employed in this field, your city agency or private company employer may pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Here are some good choices:
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Criminal Justice (11-Month Diploma Program)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Paralegal Diploma
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
Law enforcement and these types of jobs may not be suited for some people. You have options – http://www.onlinembaschools.org