Have you been considering starting a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives and other law agencies battling crime. For some folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling too, you could enroll at a law enforcement from a good college and get your new career rolling.
Some schools and internet-based colleges have one and two year diploma programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a good number of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree may qualify you for a beginning position at a city law enforcement department, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of ways you can set off on with your criminal justice diploma. Numerous graduates begin their work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation officials or private eye services.
For people who have ambitions of becoming an FBI agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a couple of years of solid employment experience. You might be asked to hold a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in an alternate language, and also be able to get through a complete background records check.
Web-based education is simply a perfect solution to conventional classes for students on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply want to go through a degree program at their own speed. These online courses are designed to work with on the job students and to match your personal routine.
A large number of positions are in fields where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized training you really have to have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
A lot of the accredited institutions outlined on this site offer job placement guidance to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already working in this industry, your state agency or private employer may cover some or possibly all your tuition charges associated with these training courses.
Here are a few to consider:
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice degree programs include BA in Social and Criminal Justice, BA in Law Enforcement Administration, and more.
- Coursework covers areas such as forensics, criminal psychology, crime prevention, and terrorism.
- Degree programs are 100% online, and can fit with any schedule.
- MS/Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- MS/Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- MS/Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement and Corrections Administration
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Criminal Justice B.S.
- Criminal Justice A.A.S.
- Paralegal Studies B.S.
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Denver - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice: Human Services
- Denver - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Denver - Master of Science - Management: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Law enforcement and legal support jobs might not be right for everyone. You have career options.