Have you been considering starting a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives and other law agencies battling crime. For some folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling too, you could enroll at a law enforcement from a good college and get your new career rolling.
Some schools and internet-based colleges have one and two year diploma programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a good number of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree may qualify you for a beginning position at a city law enforcement department, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of ways you can set off on with your criminal justice diploma. Numerous graduates begin their work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation officials or private eye services.
For people who have ambitions of becoming an FBI agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a couple of years of solid employment experience. You might be asked to hold a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in an alternate language, and also be able to get through a complete background records check.
Web-based education is simply a perfect solution to conventional classes for students on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply want to go through a degree program at their own speed. These online courses are designed to work with on the job students and to match your personal routine.
A large number of positions are in fields where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized training you really have to have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
A lot of the accredited institutions outlined on this site offer job placement guidance to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already working in this industry, your state agency or private employer may cover some or possibly all your tuition charges associated with these training courses.
Here are a few to consider:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Crime Scene Investigation
- And more...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice: Human Services
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Law enforcement and legal support jobs might not be right for everyone. You have career options.