Have you been considering starting a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives and other law agencies battling crime. For some folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling too, you could enroll at a law enforcement from a good college and get your new career rolling.
Some schools and internet-based colleges have one and two year diploma programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a good number of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree may qualify you for a beginning position at a city law enforcement department, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of ways you can set off on with your criminal justice diploma. Numerous graduates begin their work within areas like commercial security agencies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation officials or private eye services.
For people who have ambitions of becoming an FBI agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a couple of years of solid employment experience. You might be asked to hold a degree from a set list of approved majors, have fluency in an alternate language, and also be able to get through a complete background records check.
Web-based education is simply a perfect solution to conventional classes for students on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply want to go through a degree program at their own speed. These online courses are designed to work with on the job students and to match your personal routine.
A large number of positions are in fields where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized training you really have to have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
A lot of the accredited institutions outlined on this site offer job placement guidance to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already working in this industry, your state agency or private employer may cover some or possibly all your tuition charges associated with these training courses.
Here are a few to consider:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice: Human Services
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Law enforcement and legal support jobs might not be right for everyone. You have career options.