Have you thought about trying to get started in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies showing the police or other law agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these types of shows stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your career up and running.
Quite a few schools and online universities have one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In many cases, a one or two-year junior college diploma could make you eligible for an entry job on a city legal enforcement organization, although extended education is always recommended.
There are several roads you might take with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work in career fields such as commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You could possibly need to possess a college diploma from a set list of majors, have fluency in another language, plus be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online learning is really a great alternative to traditional classes for people on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply need to go through a diploma program at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are created to satisfy full-time working students and to match your own personal daily routine.
Many of these positions are in specific fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can secure the specialized training and education you really will need to compete for some of these job openings.
A lot of the approved schools listed on this site furnish job placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this field, your state organization or private employer may pay for a portion or even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education courses.
Consider these choices:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
This field may not be your future. You have other options through local classes.