Have you thought about trying to get started in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies showing the police or other law agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these types of shows stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your career up and running.
Quite a few schools and online universities have one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In many cases, a one or two-year junior college diploma could make you eligible for an entry job on a city legal enforcement organization, although extended education is always recommended.
There are several roads you might take with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work in career fields such as commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You could possibly need to possess a college diploma from a set list of majors, have fluency in another language, plus be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online learning is really a great alternative to traditional classes for people on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply need to go through a diploma program at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are created to satisfy full-time working students and to match your own personal daily routine.
Many of these positions are in specific fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can secure the specialized training and education you really will need to compete for some of these job openings.
A lot of the approved schools listed on this site furnish job placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this field, your state organization or private employer may pay for a portion or even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education courses.
Consider these choices:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Crime Scene Investigation
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
This field may not be your future. You have other options through local classes.