Have you thought about trying to get started in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies showing the police or other law agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these types of shows stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your career up and running.
Quite a few schools and online universities have one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In many cases, a one or two-year junior college diploma could make you eligible for an entry job on a city legal enforcement organization, although extended education is always recommended.
There are several roads you might take with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work in career fields such as commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You could possibly need to possess a college diploma from a set list of majors, have fluency in another language, plus be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online learning is really a great alternative to traditional classes for people on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply need to go through a diploma program at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are created to satisfy full-time working students and to match your own personal daily routine.
Many of these positions are in specific fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can secure the specialized training and education you really will need to compete for some of these job openings.
A lot of the approved schools listed on this site furnish job placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this field, your state organization or private employer may pay for a portion or even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education courses.
Consider these choices:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Criminal Justice (Associate)
- Criminal Justice (Bachelor)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
This field may not be your future. You have other options through local classes.