Have you thought about trying to get started in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies showing the police or other law agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these types of shows stimulated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your career calling as well, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your career up and running.
Quite a few schools and online universities have one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In many cases, a one or two-year junior college diploma could make you eligible for an entry job on a city legal enforcement organization, although extended education is always recommended.
There are several roads you might take with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work in career fields such as commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You could possibly need to possess a college diploma from a set list of majors, have fluency in another language, plus be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online learning is really a great alternative to traditional classes for people on a very busy schedule, working full time, or simply need to go through a diploma program at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are created to satisfy full-time working students and to match your own personal daily routine.
Many of these positions are in specific fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can secure the specialized training and education you really will need to compete for some of these job openings.
A lot of the approved schools listed on this site furnish job placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this field, your state organization or private employer may pay for a portion or even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education courses.
Consider these choices:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
This field may not be your future. You have other options through local classes.