Are you interested in a law enforcement or criminal justice career?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching tv shows showing police officers or other legal agencies fighting crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of programs and movies stimulated a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If this could be your calling as well, you can sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online university and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and web-based institutions feature one or two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Work?
In a large percentage of instances, a single or two-year associate diploma might make you qualified for a job on a city law enforcement service, while more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous avenues you could choose with your new criminal justice degree. Some graduates get to work within fields like independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, correctional facility officials, probation representatives or private detective companies.
People who have hopes of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of solid employment experience. You probably will have to attain a diploma from a set list of majors, possess fluency in a second language, and be ready to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Web-based learning is simply a great substitute to classroom classes for people who are on a demanding schedule, on the job full time, or just wish to go through a career training program at their own individual pace. These web systems are established to satisfy employed students and to match your individual daily routine.
Most of these vocations are in areas where work is in moderate demand. But you can secure the exact education you really need to have to compete for some of these job positions.
The majority of the accredited schools listed on this site offer career placement support to students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus if you are already working in this industry, your state bureau or other employer might pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition charges associated with these continuing education courses.
Here is our short list:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
A law enforcement career may not be in your future. Look into a business career – more local courses.