Are you interested in a law enforcement or criminal justice career?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching tv shows showing police officers or other legal agencies fighting crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of programs and movies stimulated a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If this could be your calling as well, you can sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online university and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and web-based institutions feature one or two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Work?
In a large percentage of instances, a single or two-year associate diploma might make you qualified for a job on a city law enforcement service, while more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous avenues you could choose with your new criminal justice degree. Some graduates get to work within fields like independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, correctional facility officials, probation representatives or private detective companies.
People who have hopes of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of solid employment experience. You probably will have to attain a diploma from a set list of majors, possess fluency in a second language, and be ready to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Web-based learning is simply a great substitute to classroom classes for people who are on a demanding schedule, on the job full time, or just wish to go through a career training program at their own individual pace. These web systems are established to satisfy employed students and to match your individual daily routine.
Most of these vocations are in areas where work is in moderate demand. But you can secure the exact education you really need to have to compete for some of these job positions.
The majority of the accredited schools listed on this site offer career placement support to students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus if you are already working in this industry, your state bureau or other employer might pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition charges associated with these continuing education courses.
Here is our short list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
A law enforcement career may not be in your future. Look into a business career – more local courses.