Thinking about going into law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online college and get your next career going.
Quite a few schools and web-based colleges deliver one and two year degrees together with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree can qualify you for a position on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is always recommended.
There are several avenues that you can take with your new law enforcement degree. A lot of students begin their work in job areas like independent security businesses, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
If you have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will need to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus get some actual job experience. You will likely have to attain a degree from a specified list of majors, possess fluency in a different language, plus be able to get through a detailed background check.
Online learning is a remarkable option to classroom classes for students on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just want to take a diploma package at their own personal rate. These online services are created to cater to working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized instruction you really need to be competitive for one of these work opportunities.
Many of the accredited institutions outlined here furnish employment placement help to students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already employed in this field, your agency or private employer might cover a portion or all your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Here are today’s choices:
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Maybe you won’t earn a degree in law enforcement after all. There is other local education.