Thinking about going into law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online college and get your next career going.
Quite a few schools and web-based colleges deliver one and two year degrees together with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree can qualify you for a position on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is always recommended.
There are several avenues that you can take with your new law enforcement degree. A lot of students begin their work in job areas like independent security businesses, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
If you have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will need to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus get some actual job experience. You will likely have to attain a degree from a specified list of majors, possess fluency in a different language, plus be able to get through a detailed background check.
Online learning is a remarkable option to classroom classes for students on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just want to take a diploma package at their own personal rate. These online services are created to cater to working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized instruction you really need to be competitive for one of these work opportunities.
Many of the accredited institutions outlined here furnish employment placement help to students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already employed in this field, your agency or private employer might cover a portion or all your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Here are today’s choices:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Maybe you won’t earn a degree in law enforcement after all. There is other local education.