Thinking about going into law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing the police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online college and get your next career going.
Quite a few schools and web-based colleges deliver one and two year degrees together with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree can qualify you for a position on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is always recommended.
There are several avenues that you can take with your new law enforcement degree. A lot of students begin their work in job areas like independent security businesses, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
If you have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will need to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus get some actual job experience. You will likely have to attain a degree from a specified list of majors, possess fluency in a different language, plus be able to get through a detailed background check.
Online learning is a remarkable option to classroom classes for students on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just want to take a diploma package at their own personal rate. These online services are created to cater to working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you can get the specialized instruction you really need to be competitive for one of these work opportunities.
Many of the accredited institutions outlined here furnish employment placement help to students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already employed in this field, your agency or private employer might cover a portion or all your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Here are today’s choices:
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Criminal Justice
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Paralegal
Maybe you won’t earn a degree in law enforcement after all. There is other local education.