Thinking about majoring in a legal or criminal justice program?
Almost everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies showing police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some individuals, these types of movies and shows triggered a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and internet-based universities deliver one or two year degrees together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a good number of circumstances, a single or two year associate’s diploma might get your qualified for a beginning job on a local law organization, even though extended education is often encouraged.
There’s lots of local paths that you can set off on with your new law enforcement diploma. Some students will go on to work in areas including independent security companies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation officials or private investigator services.
If you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of actual employment experience. You might need to earn a degree from a set list of accepted majors, have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a comprehensive history screening.
Web-based education is really a good option to traditional courses for individuals on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or merely wish to go through a diploma course at their own pace. These internet courses are developed to satisfy full-time working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Several of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in just moderate demand. You might get the technical instruction you really need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Most of the approved institutions noted on this site provide work placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private company employer may pay for some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training programs.
Schools to consider:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- MS Criminal Justice w/Con Public Admin
- CERT Criminal Justice (Grad Level)
- MS Criminal Justice
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate of Occupational Science
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Science
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
Law enforcement and justice jobs aren’t right for everyone. Check out classes in the business field.