Thinking about majoring in a legal or criminal justice program?
Almost everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies showing police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some individuals, these types of movies and shows triggered a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and internet-based universities deliver one or two year degrees together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a good number of circumstances, a single or two year associate’s diploma might get your qualified for a beginning job on a local law organization, even though extended education is often encouraged.
There’s lots of local paths that you can set off on with your new law enforcement diploma. Some students will go on to work in areas including independent security companies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation officials or private investigator services.
If you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of actual employment experience. You might need to earn a degree from a set list of accepted majors, have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a comprehensive history screening.
Web-based education is really a good option to traditional courses for individuals on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or merely wish to go through a diploma course at their own pace. These internet courses are developed to satisfy full-time working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Several of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in just moderate demand. You might get the technical instruction you really need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Most of the approved institutions noted on this site provide work placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private company employer may pay for some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training programs.
Schools to consider:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Criminal Justice
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Studies (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. At AIU, the Serious U™, classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best
Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits saving you up to 75% on your bachelor’s degree
Cost and value
- Our program costs include all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
American InterContinental University® is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Law enforcement and justice jobs aren’t right for everyone. Check out classes in the business field.