Thinking about majoring in a legal or criminal justice program?
Almost everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies showing police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some individuals, these types of movies and shows triggered a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and internet-based universities deliver one or two year degrees together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a good number of circumstances, a single or two year associate’s diploma might get your qualified for a beginning job on a local law organization, even though extended education is often encouraged.
There’s lots of local paths that you can set off on with your new law enforcement diploma. Some students will go on to work in areas including independent security companies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation officials or private investigator services.
If you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of actual employment experience. You might need to earn a degree from a set list of accepted majors, have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a comprehensive history screening.
Web-based education is really a good option to traditional courses for individuals on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or merely wish to go through a diploma course at their own pace. These internet courses are developed to satisfy full-time working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Several of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in just moderate demand. You might get the technical instruction you really need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Most of the approved institutions noted on this site provide work placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private company employer may pay for some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training programs.
Schools to consider:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Law enforcement and justice jobs aren’t right for everyone. Check out classes in the business field.