Thinking about majoring in a legal or criminal justice program?
Almost everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies showing police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some individuals, these types of movies and shows triggered a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and internet-based universities deliver one or two year degrees together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency Position?
In a good number of circumstances, a single or two year associate’s diploma might get your qualified for a beginning job on a local law organization, even though extended education is often encouraged.
There’s lots of local paths that you can set off on with your new law enforcement diploma. Some students will go on to work in areas including independent security companies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation officials or private investigator services.
If you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of actual employment experience. You might need to earn a degree from a set list of accepted majors, have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a comprehensive history screening.
Web-based education is really a good option to traditional courses for individuals on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or merely wish to go through a diploma course at their own pace. These internet courses are developed to satisfy full-time working students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Several of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in just moderate demand. You might get the technical instruction you really need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Most of the approved institutions noted on this site provide work placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private company employer may pay for some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training programs.
Schools to consider:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Criminal Justice
Law enforcement and justice jobs aren’t right for everyone. Check out classes in the business field.