Are you interested in becoming a law enforcement professional?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching tv programs and movies showing police detectives and other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling as well, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career up and running.
Some schools and online institutions present one and two year degree programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Work?
In a good number of scenarios, a single or two-year associates degree could make you eligible for an entry job at a legal enforcement organization, while ongoing education is always encouraged.
There are lots of ways that you might set off on with your law enforcement education. Plenty of students get to work in fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private investigator services.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to get your bachelor’s of science degree and get a minimum of three years of actual employment experience. You will likely be asked to earn a degree from a set range of permitted majors, possess fluency in one other language, and also be prepared to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online education is simply a fantastic option to walk-on campus courses for people on a crowded schedule, on the job full time, or just want to take on a career training package at their own personal rate. These online packages are constructed to satisfy working students and to suit your own personal daily routine.
A lot of these careers are in areas where work is in just modest demand. You can usually get the exact education you should have to contend for some of these positions.
The vast majority of approved colleges discussed here provide job placement aid to students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently working in this field, your organization or other employer might finance a portion or possibly all your tuition costs in connection with these training courses.
Schools in this category:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
You might be suited to a different career. Look into other choices.