Are you interested in becoming a law enforcement professional?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching tv programs and movies showing police detectives and other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling as well, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career up and running.
Some schools and online institutions present one and two year degree programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Work?
In a good number of scenarios, a single or two-year associates degree could make you eligible for an entry job at a legal enforcement organization, while ongoing education is always encouraged.
There are lots of ways that you might set off on with your law enforcement education. Plenty of students get to work in fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private investigator services.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to get your bachelor’s of science degree and get a minimum of three years of actual employment experience. You will likely be asked to earn a degree from a set range of permitted majors, possess fluency in one other language, and also be prepared to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Online education is simply a fantastic option to walk-on campus courses for people on a crowded schedule, on the job full time, or just want to take on a career training package at their own personal rate. These online packages are constructed to satisfy working students and to suit your own personal daily routine.
A lot of these careers are in areas where work is in just modest demand. You can usually get the exact education you should have to contend for some of these positions.
The vast majority of approved colleges discussed here provide job placement aid to students, new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you are currently working in this field, your organization or other employer might finance a portion or possibly all your tuition costs in connection with these training courses.
Schools in this category:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
You might be suited to a different career. Look into other choices.