Are you thinking about training to become a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching television shows showing police officers or other legal agencies who battle crime. For some men and women, these kinds of shows and movies induced a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your next career started.
Quite a few schools and internet-based universities give one and two year diplomas together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Career?
In most circumstances, a single or two-year junior college degree might make you qualified for a starting position with a city legal enforcement service, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There’s a lot of local avenues you may choose with your criminal justice degree. Some graduates start to work within career fields such as commercial security firms, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, correctional facility officials, probation authorities or private detective services.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable federal department member, you will need to achieve your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of solid work experience. You probably will be required to attain a degree from a specified range of approved majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be ready to get through a thorough history screening.
Internet learning can be a good option to walk-on campus courses for individuals on a very busy daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a degree program at their own individual tempo. These web-based training programs are constructed to satisfy on the job students and to suit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these positions are in specific areas where new workers are in just modest demand. You may get the specialized training and education you need to have to be competitive for some of these job positions.
Almost all the approved schools cited on this site deliver career placement help to current students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you’re already working in this field, your federal organization or other employer may finance some or perhaps even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education classes.
Schools to take a look at:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You might be suited to a career in a slightly different field – other options.