Are you thinking about training to become a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching television shows showing police officers or other legal agencies who battle crime. For some men and women, these kinds of shows and movies induced a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your next career started.
Quite a few schools and internet-based universities give one and two year diplomas together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Career?
In most circumstances, a single or two-year junior college degree might make you qualified for a starting position with a city legal enforcement service, while extra education is commonly recommended.
There’s a lot of local avenues you may choose with your criminal justice degree. Some graduates start to work within career fields such as commercial security firms, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, correctional facility officials, probation authorities or private detective services.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable federal department member, you will need to achieve your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of solid work experience. You probably will be required to attain a degree from a specified range of approved majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be ready to get through a thorough history screening.
Internet learning can be a good option to walk-on campus courses for individuals on a very busy daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a degree program at their own individual tempo. These web-based training programs are constructed to satisfy on the job students and to suit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these positions are in specific areas where new workers are in just modest demand. You may get the specialized training and education you need to have to be competitive for some of these job positions.
Almost all the approved schools cited on this site deliver career placement help to current students, new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you’re already working in this field, your federal organization or other employer may finance some or perhaps even all your tuition costs related to these continuing education classes.
Schools to take a look at:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
You might be suited to a career in a slightly different field – other options.