So, you’re thinking about a degree in criminal justice?
Almost everyone has grown up watching tv shows depicting the police and other legal agencies overcoming crime. For a few individuals, these types of programs and movies ignited a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If this might be your career calling also, you could enroll at a law enforcement from an online school and get your career rolling.
Plenty of schools and online universities feature one or two year diplomas along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency?
In most scenarios, a single or two-year associates degree will make you eligible for an entry job with a city law organization, while continued education is commonly recommended.
There’s lots of ways you may choose with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of graduates will go on to work within areas including commercial security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, corrections guards, probation department authorities or private investigator services.
For people with ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or CIA agent or a related agency member, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science diploma plus getting a couple of years of professional employment experience. You might be required to earn a college degree from a group list of majors, enjoy fluency in an alternate language, and also be ready to get through a thorough background records check.
Web-based learning is a good alternative to campus education for those folks on a swamped schedule, at work full time, or merely want to go through a career training course at their own tempo. These web-based courses are built to accommodate full-time working students and to match your own individual daily routine.
Some of these careers are in specific fields where jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the exact training and education you will need to compete for one of these work opportunities.
The majority of the accredited schools discussed on this page offer employment placement help to students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
And if you are already employed in this field, your federal organization or private employer might possibly finance some or all of your tuition costs connected with these continuing education courses.
Some local and online schools:
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
You might be happier in a career in a different field – click here.