Are you right for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies depicting police or other law agencies battling crime. For a few folks, these types of shows stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in law enforcement from an online university and get your new career going.
Plenty of schools and internet-based universities supply one and two year degrees along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In many situations, a one or two year associates diploma can qualify you for a beginning job with a legal enforcement service, even though extended education is commonly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths that you could go with your new law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within areas like independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections guards, probation department authorities or private eye services.
If you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar federal department associate, you will need to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and get some solid job experience. You will most likely have to hold a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, possess fluency in one other language, and be able to pass a complete history screening.
Online learning is a remarkable substitute to conventional classes for those people on a challenging daily schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to go through a diploma package at their own tempo. These online programs are developed to work with working students and to suit your own private daily routine.
The majority of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really have to have to be competitive for one of these positions.
Lots of the approved institutions noted here provide work placement services to current students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently working in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges associated with these continuing education courses.
A few local and online options:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
You may end up in a slightly different career field – read more.