Are you right for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies depicting police or other law agencies battling crime. For a few folks, these types of shows stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in law enforcement from an online university and get your new career going.
Plenty of schools and internet-based universities supply one and two year degrees along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In many situations, a one or two year associates diploma can qualify you for a beginning job with a legal enforcement service, even though extended education is commonly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths that you could go with your new law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within areas like independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections guards, probation department authorities or private eye services.
If you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar federal department associate, you will need to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and get some solid job experience. You will most likely have to hold a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, possess fluency in one other language, and be able to pass a complete history screening.
Online learning is a remarkable substitute to conventional classes for those people on a challenging daily schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to go through a diploma package at their own tempo. These online programs are developed to work with working students and to suit your own private daily routine.
The majority of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really have to have to be competitive for one of these positions.
Lots of the approved institutions noted here provide work placement services to current students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently working in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges associated with these continuing education courses.
A few local and online options:
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You may end up in a slightly different career field – read more.