Are you right for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies depicting police or other law agencies battling crime. For a few folks, these types of shows stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in law enforcement from an online university and get your new career going.
Plenty of schools and internet-based universities supply one and two year degrees along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In many situations, a one or two year associates diploma can qualify you for a beginning job with a legal enforcement service, even though extended education is commonly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths that you could go with your new law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within areas like independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections guards, probation department authorities or private eye services.
If you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar federal department associate, you will need to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and get some solid job experience. You will most likely have to hold a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, possess fluency in one other language, and be able to pass a complete history screening.
Online learning is a remarkable substitute to conventional classes for those people on a challenging daily schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to go through a diploma package at their own tempo. These online programs are developed to work with working students and to suit your own private daily routine.
The majority of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really have to have to be competitive for one of these positions.
Lots of the approved institutions noted here provide work placement services to current students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently working in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges associated with these continuing education courses.
A few local and online options:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You may end up in a slightly different career field – read more.