Are you thinking about starting a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Almost all of us have grown up watching tv programs and movies depicting the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some individuals, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could enroll at a law enforcement from a good college and get your career underway.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Career?
In the majority of scenarios, a one or two year associate diploma will get you ready for a starting job at a city legal enforcement department, even though extended education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of paths that you might go with your law enforcement education. Lots of students begin their work within career fields like commercial security firms, police departments, local government forces, correctional facility officials, probation department authorities or private investigator companies.
In case you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI agent or a comparable national agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a couple of years of strong work experience. You might be required to hold a diploma from a set list of recommended majors, enjoy fluency in a different language, and be ready to pass a complete history check.
Online learning is a perfect alternative to campus-based courses for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, working full time, or simply wish to work on a diploma program at their own personal speed. These online systems are created to cater to employed students and to match your own personal routine.
Many of these positions are in specific areas where new jobs are in moderate demand. But you could get the exact education you really must have to contend for one of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools listed on this page furnish employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And if you are currently working in this industry, your state bureau or other employer may pay for some or possibly all of your tuition expenses in connection with these training courses.
Local or online choices:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You could find yourself in a completely different field, learn more about it.