Are you thinking about starting a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Almost all of us have grown up watching tv programs and movies depicting the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some individuals, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could enroll at a law enforcement from a good college and get your career underway.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Career?
In the majority of scenarios, a one or two year associate diploma will get you ready for a starting job at a city legal enforcement department, even though extended education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of paths that you might go with your law enforcement education. Lots of students begin their work within career fields like commercial security firms, police departments, local government forces, correctional facility officials, probation department authorities or private investigator companies.
In case you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI agent or a comparable national agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a couple of years of strong work experience. You might be required to hold a diploma from a set list of recommended majors, enjoy fluency in a different language, and be ready to pass a complete history check.
Online learning is a perfect alternative to campus-based courses for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, working full time, or simply wish to work on a diploma program at their own personal speed. These online systems are created to cater to employed students and to match your own personal routine.
Many of these positions are in specific areas where new jobs are in moderate demand. But you could get the exact education you really must have to contend for one of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools listed on this page furnish employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And if you are currently working in this industry, your state bureau or other employer may pay for some or possibly all of your tuition expenses in connection with these training courses.
Local or online choices:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
You could find yourself in a completely different field, learn more about it.