Being a law enforcement professional isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police detectives and other law agencies battling crime. For a few people, these shows stimulated a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your new career rolling.
Several schools and internet-based universities provide one and two year degrees along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Work?
In a good number of instances, a one or two year associate degree will make you eligible for an entry job with a local law department, although ongoing education is certainly encouraged.
There are numerous local paths you could travel with your law enforcement degree. Lots of graduates go on to work within job areas such as independent security businesses, police departments, local government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private investigator companies.
For those who have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to secure your bachelor’s of science degree plus go through a couple of years of professional employment experience. You will likely be asked to earn a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, have fluency in a different language, plus be prepared to successfully pass a complete background check.
Online learning is simply a fantastic solution to classroom classes for those people who are on a busy daily schedule, holding a job full time, or merely want to take on a diploma course at their own personal pace. These online training programs are established to cater to working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A large number of careers are in specific areas where employment is in moderate demand. You can aquire the exact instruction you should have to contend for some of these job positions.
Almost all of the accredited schools mentioned on this page deliver work placement services to students, brand new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you are already employed in this field, your bureau or private employer may finance a portion or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these continuing education classes.
Here are a few choices:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You may want to look into different career fields, check it out.