Being a law enforcement professional isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police detectives and other law agencies battling crime. For a few people, these shows stimulated a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your new career rolling.
Several schools and internet-based universities provide one and two year degrees along with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Work?
In a good number of instances, a one or two year associate degree will make you eligible for an entry job with a local law department, although ongoing education is certainly encouraged.
There are numerous local paths you could travel with your law enforcement degree. Lots of graduates go on to work within job areas such as independent security businesses, police departments, local government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private investigator companies.
For those who have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar national agency member, you will have to secure your bachelor’s of science degree plus go through a couple of years of professional employment experience. You will likely be asked to earn a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, have fluency in a different language, plus be prepared to successfully pass a complete background check.
Online learning is simply a fantastic solution to classroom classes for those people who are on a busy daily schedule, holding a job full time, or merely want to take on a diploma course at their own personal pace. These online training programs are established to cater to working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A large number of careers are in specific areas where employment is in moderate demand. You can aquire the exact instruction you should have to contend for some of these job positions.
Almost all of the accredited schools mentioned on this page deliver work placement services to students, brand new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you are already employed in this field, your bureau or private employer may finance a portion or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these continuing education classes.
Here are a few choices:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
You may want to look into different career fields, check it out.