Being a law enforcement professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Just about everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other legal agencies who fight crime. For a few people, these types of programs and movies activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career going.
A variety of schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year community college diploma will get your qualified for an entry job with a legal enforcement department, even though continuing education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within career fields including commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus completing some professional work experience. You will likely need to have a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and be able to get through a complete history check.
Internet learning is really a remarkable substitute to traditional courses for those folks on a busy daily schedule, at work full time, or merely choose to work on a degree program at their own personal rate. These online systems are engineered to accommodate on the job students and to match your own individual daily schedule.
Many of these positions are in career fields where work is in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you must have to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all of the approved schools outlined on this site deliver career placement support to current students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your federal agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all your tuition costs associated with these continuing education classes.
Take a look at some choices:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo University offers over 50 accredited undergraduate degrees, programs and endorsements as well as master's and doctoral programs.
- Saint Leo’s undergraduate and graduate online degree programs prepare you to take advantage of growing career opportunities in a variety of in-demand fields.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited degree today!
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Paralegal Studies
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy (Police)
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
You may want to take a look at some other career fields, so find out more.