Being a law enforcement professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Just about everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other legal agencies who fight crime. For a few people, these types of programs and movies activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career going.
A variety of schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year community college diploma will get your qualified for an entry job with a legal enforcement department, even though continuing education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within career fields including commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus completing some professional work experience. You will likely need to have a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and be able to get through a complete history check.
Internet learning is really a remarkable substitute to traditional courses for those folks on a busy daily schedule, at work full time, or merely choose to work on a degree program at their own personal rate. These online systems are engineered to accommodate on the job students and to match your own individual daily schedule.
Many of these positions are in career fields where work is in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you must have to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all of the approved schools outlined on this site deliver career placement support to current students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your federal agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all your tuition costs associated with these continuing education classes.
Take a look at some choices:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Crime Scene Investigation
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You may want to take a look at some other career fields, so find out more.