Being a law enforcement professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Just about everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other legal agencies who fight crime. For a few people, these types of programs and movies activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career going.
A variety of schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year community college diploma will get your qualified for an entry job with a legal enforcement department, even though continuing education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within career fields including commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus completing some professional work experience. You will likely need to have a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and be able to get through a complete history check.
Internet learning is really a remarkable substitute to traditional courses for those folks on a busy daily schedule, at work full time, or merely choose to work on a degree program at their own personal rate. These online systems are engineered to accommodate on the job students and to match your own individual daily schedule.
Many of these positions are in career fields where work is in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you must have to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all of the approved schools outlined on this site deliver career placement support to current students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your federal agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all your tuition costs associated with these continuing education classes.
Take a look at some choices:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Criminal Justice, Associate of Science
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Behavioral Crime Analysis (Certificate) - Online
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
You may want to take a look at some other career fields, so find out more.