Being a law enforcement professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Just about everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other legal agencies who fight crime. For a few people, these types of programs and movies activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career going.
A variety of schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year community college diploma will get your qualified for an entry job with a legal enforcement department, even though continuing education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within career fields including commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus completing some professional work experience. You will likely need to have a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and be able to get through a complete history check.
Internet learning is really a remarkable substitute to traditional courses for those folks on a busy daily schedule, at work full time, or merely choose to work on a degree program at their own personal rate. These online systems are engineered to accommodate on the job students and to match your own individual daily schedule.
Many of these positions are in career fields where work is in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you must have to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all of the approved schools outlined on this site deliver career placement support to current students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your federal agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all your tuition costs associated with these continuing education classes.
Take a look at some choices:
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
You may want to take a look at some other career fields, so find out more.