Being a law enforcement professional can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Just about everyone has grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other legal agencies who fight crime. For a few people, these types of programs and movies activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career going.
A variety of schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year community college diploma will get your qualified for an entry job with a legal enforcement department, even though continuing education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of local avenues that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within career fields including commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus completing some professional work experience. You will likely need to have a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and be able to get through a complete history check.
Internet learning is really a remarkable substitute to traditional courses for those folks on a busy daily schedule, at work full time, or merely choose to work on a degree program at their own personal rate. These online systems are engineered to accommodate on the job students and to match your own individual daily schedule.
Many of these positions are in career fields where work is in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you must have to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all of the approved schools outlined on this site deliver career placement support to current students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this industry, your federal agency or private employer might possibly cover some or all your tuition costs associated with these continuing education classes.
Take a look at some choices:
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.
- Criminal Justice, Associate of Science
- Criminal Justice, Diploma
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
You may want to take a look at some other career fields, so find out more.