Could you see yourself working as a law enforcement professional?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling too, you can sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career started.
Some schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diplomas in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a lot of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will get your qualified for a job at a city law department, even though ongoing education is often recommended.
There are many local avenues you can go with your new law enforcement education. Lots of students will go on to work within job areas such as independent security firms, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officers or private detective services.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar government agency member, you will want to complete your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of professional work experience. You could possibly be asked to possess a diploma from a group range of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Web-based learning is simply a perfect alternative to conventional education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or simply need to undertake a diploma program at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are engineered to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual daily routine.
Most of these vocations are in specific fields where new workers are in just average demand. You could get the exact education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited colleges outlined on this page provide job placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And for anybody who is already employed in this industry, your state bureau or other employer might cover a portion or even all of your tuition costs associated with these continuing education courses.
Check out some options
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- And more...
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Studies
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You could take a look at some different college choices and LA options.