Could you see yourself working as a law enforcement professional?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling too, you can sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career started.
Some schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diplomas in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a lot of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will get your qualified for a job at a city law department, even though ongoing education is often recommended.
There are many local avenues you can go with your new law enforcement education. Lots of students will go on to work within job areas such as independent security firms, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officers or private detective services.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar government agency member, you will want to complete your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of professional work experience. You could possibly be asked to possess a diploma from a group range of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Web-based learning is simply a perfect alternative to conventional education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or simply need to undertake a diploma program at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are engineered to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual daily routine.
Most of these vocations are in specific fields where new workers are in just average demand. You could get the exact education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited colleges outlined on this page provide job placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And for anybody who is already employed in this industry, your state bureau or other employer might cover a portion or even all of your tuition costs associated with these continuing education courses.
Check out some options
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
You could take a look at some different college choices and LA options.