Could you see yourself working as a law enforcement professional?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of shows ignited a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling too, you can sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career started.
Some schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diplomas in addition to four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Career?
In a lot of scenarios, a single or two year junior college degree will get your qualified for a job at a city law department, even though ongoing education is often recommended.
There are many local avenues you can go with your new law enforcement education. Lots of students will go on to work within job areas such as independent security firms, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officers or private detective services.
Should you have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar government agency member, you will want to complete your bachelor of science degree and getting a couple of years of professional work experience. You could possibly be asked to possess a diploma from a group range of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Web-based learning is simply a perfect alternative to conventional education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or simply need to undertake a diploma program at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are engineered to work with full-time working students and to fit with your individual daily routine.
Most of these vocations are in specific fields where new workers are in just average demand. You could get the exact education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited colleges outlined on this page provide job placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And for anybody who is already employed in this industry, your state bureau or other employer might cover a portion or even all of your tuition costs associated with these continuing education courses.
Check out some options
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Cyber Security
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Paralegal - Associate of Occupational Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You could take a look at some different college choices and LA options.