Do you think you would match well with a career as a law enforcement professional?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing police and other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
Quite a few schools and internet-based institutions provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Position?
In a great deal of cases, a single or two-year community college degree might make you eligible for a starting position on a local legal enforcement organization, while extra education is often recommended.
There are plenty of local ways that you could go with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work within fields such as independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department authorities or private detective companies.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You probably will be asked to possess a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in some other language, and be ready to pass a complete background records screening.
Online learning is really a good option to conventional education for those on a overloaded schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a diploma course at their own personal tempo. These internet courses are engineered to work with employed students and to match your individual schedule.
A number of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in just average demand. But you can get the technical instruction you have to have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of ME colleges outlined on this page furnish career placement services to current students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this industry, your agency or other employer may pay for some or even all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Check out some popular choices:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You may not be suited for a career in law enforcement. There are ME choices in other majors.