Do you think you would match well with a career as a law enforcement professional?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing police and other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
Quite a few schools and internet-based institutions provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Position?
In a great deal of cases, a single or two-year community college degree might make you eligible for a starting position on a local legal enforcement organization, while extra education is often recommended.
There are plenty of local ways that you could go with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work within fields such as independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department authorities or private detective companies.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You probably will be asked to possess a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in some other language, and be ready to pass a complete background records screening.
Online learning is really a good option to conventional education for those on a overloaded schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a diploma course at their own personal tempo. These internet courses are engineered to work with employed students and to match your individual schedule.
A number of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in just average demand. But you can get the technical instruction you have to have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of ME colleges outlined on this page furnish career placement services to current students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this industry, your agency or other employer may pay for some or even all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Check out some popular choices:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration
- BS Criminal Justice - Homeland Sec/Counter Terrorism
- BS Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
You may not be suited for a career in law enforcement. There are ME choices in other majors.