Do you think you would match well with a career as a law enforcement professional?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing police and other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
Quite a few schools and internet-based institutions provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Position?
In a great deal of cases, a single or two-year community college degree might make you eligible for a starting position on a local legal enforcement organization, while extra education is often recommended.
There are plenty of local ways that you could go with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work within fields such as independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department authorities or private detective companies.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You probably will be asked to possess a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in some other language, and be ready to pass a complete background records screening.
Online learning is really a good option to conventional education for those on a overloaded schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a diploma course at their own personal tempo. These internet courses are engineered to work with employed students and to match your individual schedule.
A number of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in just average demand. But you can get the technical instruction you have to have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of ME colleges outlined on this page furnish career placement services to current students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this industry, your agency or other employer may pay for some or even all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Check out some popular choices:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
You may not be suited for a career in law enforcement. There are ME choices in other majors.