Do you think you would match well with a career as a law enforcement professional?
Practically everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing police and other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some folks, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
Quite a few schools and internet-based institutions provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Federal Agency Position?
In a great deal of cases, a single or two-year community college degree might make you eligible for a starting position on a local legal enforcement organization, while extra education is often recommended.
There are plenty of local ways that you could go with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work within fields such as independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department authorities or private detective companies.
Should you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable national agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a couple of years of strong work experience. You probably will be asked to possess a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in some other language, and be ready to pass a complete background records screening.
Online learning is really a good option to conventional education for those on a overloaded schedule, working full time, or just wish to take a diploma course at their own personal tempo. These internet courses are engineered to work with employed students and to match your individual schedule.
A number of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in just average demand. But you can get the technical instruction you have to have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of ME colleges outlined on this page furnish career placement services to current students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this industry, your agency or other employer may pay for some or even all your tuition costs associated with these education programs.
Check out some popular choices:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You may not be suited for a career in law enforcement. There are ME choices in other majors.