Do you think a law enforcement or criminal justice career would be a good fit for you?
Just about everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting police or other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows triggered a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If this could be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online university and get your new career moving.
A number of schools and web-based institutions present one and two year degrees together with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Work?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two-year associates degree may get your qualified for a position at a city legal enforcement service, even though extra education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of local paths you can travel with your new criminal justice diploma. Some graduates go on to work within career fields including independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation officials or private investigator services.
Should you have aspirations of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar national agency member, you will need to achieve your bachelor of science degree and get a couple of years of strong employment experience. You could be required to earn a diploma from a set range of majors, possess fluency in another language, and also be able to get through a complete history screening.
Web-based education is really a remarkable option to campus-based courses for people who are on a overloaded daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply choose to work on a diploma course at their own personal rate. These internet training programs are developed to cater to full-time working students and to fit with your own personal daily schedule.
Some of these positions are in career fields where work is in average demand. But you can aquire the technical training you really will need to be competitive for one of these job opportunities.
Lots of the approved schools discussed on this page include career placement guidance to current students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
And if you’re currently employed in this industry, your organization or private company employer may pay for some or all of your tuition costs in connection with these continuing education courses.
Schools in Maryland or online:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You may not be interested in a law enforcement related career after all. Check into options in MD.