A career as a law enforcement professional can be interesting and rewarding.
Nearly everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police officers or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these programs and movies stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of instances, a one or two-year associate’s degree can make you qualified for an entry job at a local law organization, although extended education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of ways that you can travel with your law enforcement degree. A lot of students start to work in fields including private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation officers or private eye services.
Should you have aspirations of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably need to attain a degree from a set list of approved majors, possess fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a thorough history check.
Online learning is simply a remarkable solution to walk-on campus education for individuals who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just choose to take a degree course at their own individual speed. These online systems are developed to suit working students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
Most of these careers are in market segments where employment is in moderate demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really need to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools outlined here provide career placement assistance to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you are already employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might finance some or even all your tuition charges related to these training courses.
Options for Massachusetts students:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
If you conclude that law enforcement isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives – engineering courses in MA.