A career as a law enforcement professional can be interesting and rewarding.
Nearly everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police officers or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these programs and movies stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of instances, a one or two-year associate’s degree can make you qualified for an entry job at a local law organization, although extended education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of ways that you can travel with your law enforcement degree. A lot of students start to work in fields including private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation officers or private eye services.
Should you have aspirations of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably need to attain a degree from a set list of approved majors, possess fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a thorough history check.
Online learning is simply a remarkable solution to walk-on campus education for individuals who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just choose to take a degree course at their own individual speed. These online systems are developed to suit working students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
Most of these careers are in market segments where employment is in moderate demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really need to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools outlined here provide career placement assistance to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you are already employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might finance some or even all your tuition charges related to these training courses.
Options for Massachusetts students:
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Criminal Justice
- Paralegal Studies
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
If you conclude that law enforcement isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives – engineering courses in MA.