A career as a law enforcement professional can be interesting and rewarding.
Nearly everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police officers or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these programs and movies stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of instances, a one or two-year associate’s degree can make you qualified for an entry job at a local law organization, although extended education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of ways that you can travel with your law enforcement degree. A lot of students start to work in fields including private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation officers or private eye services.
Should you have aspirations of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably need to attain a degree from a set list of approved majors, possess fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a thorough history check.
Online learning is simply a remarkable solution to walk-on campus education for individuals who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just choose to take a degree course at their own individual speed. These online systems are developed to suit working students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
Most of these careers are in market segments where employment is in moderate demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really need to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools outlined here provide career placement assistance to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you are already employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might finance some or even all your tuition charges related to these training courses.
Options for Massachusetts students:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Studies (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
If you conclude that law enforcement isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives – engineering courses in MA.