A career as a law enforcement professional can be interesting and rewarding.
Nearly everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police officers or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these programs and movies stimulated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this might be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of instances, a one or two-year associate’s degree can make you qualified for an entry job at a local law organization, although extended education is often encouraged.
There are plenty of ways that you can travel with your law enforcement degree. A lot of students start to work in fields including private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation officers or private eye services.
Should you have aspirations of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a similar government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science degree plus completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably need to attain a degree from a set list of approved majors, possess fluency in a different language, and also be prepared to successfully pass a thorough history check.
Online learning is simply a remarkable solution to walk-on campus education for individuals who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just choose to take a degree course at their own individual speed. These online systems are developed to suit working students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
Most of these careers are in market segments where employment is in moderate demand. But you can earn the exact preparation you really need to contend for some of these jobs.
Almost all the approved schools outlined here provide career placement assistance to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus in case you are already employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might finance some or even all your tuition charges related to these training courses.
Options for Massachusetts students:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
Earn your degree from Lincoln College of New England. Over 30 undergraduate programs are available in Health Sciences, Business, Communications, Hospitality, and more. Financial aid is available for those who qualify
- Criminal Justice (Associate)
- Criminal Justice (Bachelor)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Advanced Paralegal Studies-AS
If you conclude that law enforcement isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives – engineering courses in MA.