Are you thinking about earning a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing police detectives and other law agencies overcoming crime. For some individuals, these programs and movies activated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you believe this might be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your new career started.
A number of schools and internet-based colleges feature one and two year diploma programs along with four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Work?
In a large percentage of circumstances, a single or two year associate’s diploma can qualify you for a beginning position at a law service, although continued education is certainly recommended.
There are several avenues that you might choose with your criminal justice education. Some graduates get to work within areas like private security businesses, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, corrections officials, probation authorities or private detective companies.
For people who have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency member, you will want to earn your bachelor’s of science degree plus get a minimum of three years of solid employment experience. You will likely have to possess a college degree from a group range of approved majors, have fluency in another language, and also be ready to get through a complete background check.
Online education is a good alternative to walk-on campus courses for those people on a hectic daily schedule, at work full time, or simply prefer to take a degree course at their own individual speed. These internet services are engineered to suit on the job students and to fit your individual routine.
A majority of these positions are in career fields where new workers are in modest demand. But you might get the technical education you will need to be competitive for one of these jobs.
Almost all the accredited colleges noted on this page include work placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus for anyone who is already employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer may pay for some or even all of your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Here is our current list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Legal Studies, PBC
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
If you feel you are not right for a law enforcement major, you have alternatives – engineering programs in MI.