Are you interested in a new career as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career started.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions provide one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year associate’s degree could get you ready for an entry position at a city law enforcement department, even though continued education is certainly encouraged.
There are many roads that you could set off on with your law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates will go on to work within fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to obtain your bachelor of science degree and go through some solid work experience. You probably will be required to have a degree from a group list of approved majors, possess fluency in another language, plus be prepared to pass a detailed background check.
Internet education is a terrific option to campus-based education for people who are on a challenging daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply want to go through a career training course at their own personal rate. These online services are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private daily routine.
A number of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really should have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Almost all of the approved schools discussed here deliver employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this field, your organization or private employer might pay for a portion or all of your tuition costs in connection with these education programs.
Choices to consider:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
There are options to a law enforcement career if you don’t think you are right for it, engineer degrees in Minnesota.