Are you interested in a new career as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career started.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions provide one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year associate’s degree could get you ready for an entry position at a city law enforcement department, even though continued education is certainly encouraged.
There are many roads that you could set off on with your law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates will go on to work within fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to obtain your bachelor of science degree and go through some solid work experience. You probably will be required to have a degree from a group list of approved majors, possess fluency in another language, plus be prepared to pass a detailed background check.
Internet education is a terrific option to campus-based education for people who are on a challenging daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply want to go through a career training course at their own personal rate. These online services are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private daily routine.
A number of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really should have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Almost all of the approved schools discussed here deliver employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this field, your organization or private employer might pay for a portion or all of your tuition costs in connection with these education programs.
Choices to consider:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
There are options to a law enforcement career if you don’t think you are right for it, engineer degrees in Minnesota.