Are you interested in a new career as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career started.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions provide one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year associate’s degree could get you ready for an entry position at a city law enforcement department, even though continued education is certainly encouraged.
There are many roads that you could set off on with your law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates will go on to work within fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to obtain your bachelor of science degree and go through some solid work experience. You probably will be required to have a degree from a group list of approved majors, possess fluency in another language, plus be prepared to pass a detailed background check.
Internet education is a terrific option to campus-based education for people who are on a challenging daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply want to go through a career training course at their own personal rate. These online services are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private daily routine.
A number of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really should have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Almost all of the approved schools discussed here deliver employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this field, your organization or private employer might pay for a portion or all of your tuition costs in connection with these education programs.
Choices to consider:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
There are options to a law enforcement career if you don’t think you are right for it, engineer degrees in Minnesota.