Are you interested in a new career as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has grown up watching television shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online college and get your career started.
A good number of schools and internet-based institutions provide one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In a large amount of scenarios, a single or two-year associate’s degree could get you ready for an entry position at a city law enforcement department, even though continued education is certainly encouraged.
There are many roads that you could set off on with your law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates will go on to work within fields including independent security companies, police departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to obtain your bachelor of science degree and go through some solid work experience. You probably will be required to have a degree from a group list of approved majors, possess fluency in another language, plus be prepared to pass a detailed background check.
Internet education is a terrific option to campus-based education for people who are on a challenging daily schedule, on the job full time, or simply want to go through a career training course at their own personal rate. These online services are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private daily routine.
A number of these positions are in careers where job opportunities are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really should have to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Almost all of the approved schools discussed here deliver employment placement services to current students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this field, your organization or private employer might pay for a portion or all of your tuition costs in connection with these education programs.
Choices to consider:
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
There are options to a law enforcement career if you don’t think you are right for it, engineer degrees in Minnesota.