A career in law enforcement or criminal justice is attainable if you are interested in it.
Just about all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting police detectives and other criminal enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this may be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career going.
Several schools and online universities deliver one or two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a great deal of scenarios, a single or two-year community college degree will get your qualified for a starting job on a local law department, while ongoing education is always recommended.
There are several local ways that you could take with your law enforcement degree. Plenty of graduates will go on to work within career fields such as independent security businesses, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
In case you have aspirations of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable agency associate, you will have to attain your bachelor’s of science degree and completing a minimum of three years of strong work experience. You could possibly have to attain a diploma from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in an alternate language, plus be prepared to pass a complete background records screening.
Online learning is a good alternative to campus-based classes for students on a demanding daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to go through a diploma program at their own individual pace. These web packages are established to cater to working students and to fit your own personal schedule.
Several of these careers are in market segments where jobs are in moderate demand. You can usually get the technical education you must have to compete for one of these positions.
The majority of the accredited institutions cited on this site deliver work placement help to current students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you are already employed in this field, your city organization or private employer might finance a portion or perhaps even all of your tuition charges connected with these training courses.
Schools you might consider:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
You can see options to a law enforcement degree, check out engineer classes in Mississippi.