Do you have an interest in becoming a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing the police or other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some people, these shows and movies stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this could be your career calling too, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a local or online college and get your career launched.
Some schools and internet-based colleges give one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Government Work?
In a great deal of instances, a single or two year associate degree can qualify you for a beginning job at a local law enforcement organization, although ongoing education is certainly recommended.
There are plenty of local paths you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. Some graduates will go to work in career fields including commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city government agencies, correctional facility officials, probation officers or private investigator companies.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor’s of science degree and get some actual job experience. You might need to hold a college degree from a set list of majors, already have fluency in one other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a comprehensive history check.
Internet education is really a perfect option to classroom education for people who are on a swamped daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to take a degree program at their own individual speed. These online courses are made to accommodate full-time working students and to suit your personal routine.
Several of these positions are in careers where jobs are in just moderate demand. But you can earn the exact training and education you need to have to compete for one of these positions.
A lot of the approved institutions outlined on this site include employment placement guidance to current students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you are currently working in this field, your federal agency or private employer may pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition costs related to these training programs.
Look through these schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Have a Fascination with Crime or a Passion for Justice? Get Educated in the Criminal Justice Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Criminal Justice & Criminalistics, Forensic Science, Law Enforcement Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
This field is not for everyone. If it’s not for you, you have alternatives, such as engineering training in Missouri.