Do you have an interest in becoming a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing the police or other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some people, these shows and movies stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this could be your career calling too, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a local or online college and get your career launched.
Some schools and internet-based colleges give one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Government Work?
In a great deal of instances, a single or two year associate degree can qualify you for a beginning job at a local law enforcement organization, although ongoing education is certainly recommended.
There are plenty of local paths you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. Some graduates will go to work in career fields including commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city government agencies, correctional facility officials, probation officers or private investigator companies.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor’s of science degree and get some actual job experience. You might need to hold a college degree from a set list of majors, already have fluency in one other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a comprehensive history check.
Internet education is really a perfect option to classroom education for people who are on a swamped daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to take a degree program at their own individual speed. These online courses are made to accommodate full-time working students and to suit your personal routine.
Several of these positions are in careers where jobs are in just moderate demand. But you can earn the exact training and education you need to have to compete for one of these positions.
A lot of the approved institutions outlined on this site include employment placement guidance to current students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you are currently working in this field, your federal agency or private employer may pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition costs related to these training programs.
Look through these schools:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
This field is not for everyone. If it’s not for you, you have alternatives, such as engineering training in Missouri.