Do you have an interest in becoming a law enforcement professional?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing the police or other law enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some people, these shows and movies stimulated a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this could be your career calling too, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a local or online college and get your career launched.
Some schools and internet-based colleges give one or two year degree programs as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Job or Government Work?
In a great deal of instances, a single or two year associate degree can qualify you for a beginning job at a local law enforcement organization, although ongoing education is certainly recommended.
There are plenty of local paths you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. Some graduates will go to work in career fields including commercial security services, sheriff’s departments, city government agencies, correctional facility officials, probation officers or private investigator companies.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor’s of science degree and get some actual job experience. You might need to hold a college degree from a set list of majors, already have fluency in one other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a comprehensive history check.
Internet education is really a perfect option to classroom education for people who are on a swamped daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to take a degree program at their own individual speed. These online courses are made to accommodate full-time working students and to suit your personal routine.
Several of these positions are in careers where jobs are in just moderate demand. But you can earn the exact training and education you need to have to compete for one of these positions.
A lot of the approved institutions outlined on this site include employment placement guidance to current students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you are currently working in this field, your federal agency or private employer may pay for a portion or possibly all your tuition costs related to these training programs.
Look through these schools:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
This field is not for everyone. If it’s not for you, you have alternatives, such as engineering training in Missouri.