Do you have the qualities to succeed as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has spent countless hours watching TV programs and movies showing police and other law agencies combating crime. For a few people, these shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good school and get your new career up and running.
Many schools and web-based universities feature one and two year diploma programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Work?
In most cases, a one or two-year associate degree can get your qualified for a beginning position on a law enforcement service, although more formal education is often encouraged.
There are several roads you might set off on with your criminal justice diploma. Quite a few students go on to work in job areas such as commercial security agencies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation authorities or private eye services.
If you have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar government agency associate, you will want to obtain your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You will probably have to attain a diploma from a group list of majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be able to get through a detailed background check.
Web-based education can be a good substitute to conventional education for students on a stressful schedule, at work full time, or just want to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These web-based systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to suit your own private daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in careers where work is in modest demand. But you might get the exact education you really have to have to contend for some of these jobs.
A lot of the accredited schools noted here furnish career placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is already working in this field, your federal organization or other employer might possibly finance a portion or possibly all of your tuition costs in connection with these training courses.
Look at these choices:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Being a law enforcement major isn’t the right choice for everyone. You could look at engineer majors around the area.