Do you have the qualities to succeed as a law enforcement professional?
Nearly everyone has spent countless hours watching TV programs and movies showing police and other law agencies combating crime. For a few people, these shows and movies activated a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good school and get your new career up and running.
Many schools and web-based universities feature one and two year diploma programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Work?
In most cases, a one or two-year associate degree can get your qualified for a beginning position on a law enforcement service, although more formal education is often encouraged.
There are several roads you might set off on with your criminal justice diploma. Quite a few students go on to work in job areas such as commercial security agencies, police departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation authorities or private eye services.
If you have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar government agency associate, you will want to obtain your bachelor of science diploma plus go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You will probably have to attain a diploma from a group list of majors, have fluency in an additional language, plus be able to get through a detailed background check.
Web-based education can be a good substitute to conventional education for students on a stressful schedule, at work full time, or just want to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These web-based systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to suit your own private daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in careers where work is in modest demand. But you might get the exact education you really have to have to contend for some of these jobs.
A lot of the accredited schools noted here furnish career placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anybody who is already working in this field, your federal organization or other employer might possibly finance a portion or possibly all of your tuition costs in connection with these training courses.
Look at these choices:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Being a law enforcement major isn’t the right choice for everyone. You could look at engineer majors around the area.