Do you have what it takes for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few individuals, these types of shows and movies activated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling also, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good school and get your career up and running.
Plenty of schools and internet-based institutions give one and two year diplomas along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Position?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year community college degree can qualify you for a beginning position on a local law enforcement service, although continued education is always recommended.
There are several local paths you can decide to take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work within fields like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officers or private investigator services.
For people with hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will need to earn your bachelor’s of science degree and completing some actual work experience. You probably will be asked to have a college degree from a specified list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, plus be ready to pass a complete background check.
Web-based education is a perfect option to conventional classes for those people on a hectic schedule, holding a job full time, or just prefer to take on a degree course at their own individual speed. These internet courses are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private routine.
Some of these jobs are in fields where job opportunities are in just average demand. But you could get the specialized training you must have to compete for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools cited on this site offer career placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already employed in this field, your city agency or private company employer may finance a portion or possibly all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
Glance through these programs:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Career alternatives include engineering. See engineer degrees in NE.