Do you have what it takes for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few individuals, these types of shows and movies activated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling also, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good school and get your career up and running.
Plenty of schools and internet-based institutions give one and two year diplomas along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Position?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year community college degree can qualify you for a beginning position on a local law enforcement service, although continued education is always recommended.
There are several local paths you can decide to take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work within fields like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officers or private investigator services.
For people with hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will need to earn your bachelor’s of science degree and completing some actual work experience. You probably will be asked to have a college degree from a specified list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, plus be ready to pass a complete background check.
Web-based education is a perfect option to conventional classes for those people on a hectic schedule, holding a job full time, or just prefer to take on a degree course at their own individual speed. These internet courses are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private routine.
Some of these jobs are in fields where job opportunities are in just average demand. But you could get the specialized training you must have to compete for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools cited on this site offer career placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already employed in this field, your city agency or private company employer may finance a portion or possibly all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
Glance through these programs:
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Career alternatives include engineering. See engineer degrees in NE.