Do you have what it takes for a career in law enforcement or criminal justice?
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows showing police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies overcoming crime. For a few individuals, these types of shows and movies activated a calling to protect and serve the public. If you feel this could be your calling also, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good school and get your career up and running.
Plenty of schools and internet-based institutions give one and two year diplomas along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Position?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year community college degree can qualify you for a beginning position on a local law enforcement service, although continued education is always recommended.
There are several local paths you can decide to take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work within fields like commercial security agencies, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officers or private investigator services.
For people with hopes of beginning a career as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will need to earn your bachelor’s of science degree and completing some actual work experience. You probably will be asked to have a college degree from a specified list of approved majors, have fluency in another language, plus be ready to pass a complete background check.
Web-based education is a perfect option to conventional classes for those people on a hectic schedule, holding a job full time, or just prefer to take on a degree course at their own individual speed. These internet courses are created to satisfy working students and to match your own private routine.
Some of these jobs are in fields where job opportunities are in just average demand. But you could get the specialized training you must have to compete for one of these job openings.
Most of the accredited schools cited on this site offer career placement aid to students, brand-new graduates and even past students.
And if you’re already employed in this field, your city agency or private company employer may finance a portion or possibly all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
Glance through these programs:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
Career alternatives include engineering. See engineer degrees in NE.