Does a law enforcement or criminal justice career sound interesting to you?
Just about everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police and other law agencies battling crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career underway.
Quite a few schools and internet-based universities provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two year associates degree might get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement organization, while extra education is certainly recommended.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your law enforcement education. Lots of students start to work in career fields like independent security businesses, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar federal agency member, you will have to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of professional job experience. You may have to earn a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Internet education is a remarkable solution to traditional classes for people who are on a challenging schedule, on the job full time, or simply prefer to go through a career training course at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are designed to accommodate on the job students and to fit with your individual schedule.
A lot of these vocations are in specific fields where employment is in just modest demand. You might get the specialized education you need to have to be competitive for some of these job openings.
Most of the accredited colleges mentioned here deliver job placement support to current students, brand new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already working in this field, your city organization or other employer might possibly pay for some or possibly all your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
Schools that might work for you:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Career options include engineering. Consider engineer degree options in NV.