Does a law enforcement or criminal justice career sound interesting to you?
Just about everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police and other law agencies battling crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career underway.
Quite a few schools and internet-based universities provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two year associates degree might get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement organization, while extra education is certainly recommended.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your law enforcement education. Lots of students start to work in career fields like independent security businesses, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar federal agency member, you will have to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of professional job experience. You may have to earn a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Internet education is a remarkable solution to traditional classes for people who are on a challenging schedule, on the job full time, or simply prefer to go through a career training course at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are designed to accommodate on the job students and to fit with your individual schedule.
A lot of these vocations are in specific fields where employment is in just modest demand. You might get the specialized education you need to have to be competitive for some of these job openings.
Most of the accredited colleges mentioned here deliver job placement support to current students, brand new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already working in this field, your city organization or other employer might possibly pay for some or possibly all your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
Schools that might work for you:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Career options include engineering. Consider engineer degree options in NV.