Does a law enforcement or criminal justice career sound interesting to you?
Just about everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police and other law agencies battling crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a local or online school and get your next career underway.
Quite a few schools and internet-based universities provide one and two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a great deal of situations, a one or two year associates degree might get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement organization, while extra education is certainly recommended.
There’s a lot of paths you could travel with your law enforcement education. Lots of students start to work in career fields like independent security businesses, police departments, state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
Should you have goals of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar federal agency member, you will have to achieve your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of professional job experience. You may have to earn a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Internet education is a remarkable solution to traditional classes for people who are on a challenging schedule, on the job full time, or simply prefer to go through a career training course at their own tempo. These web-based training programs are designed to accommodate on the job students and to fit with your individual schedule.
A lot of these vocations are in specific fields where employment is in just modest demand. You might get the specialized education you need to have to be competitive for some of these job openings.
Most of the accredited colleges mentioned here deliver job placement support to current students, brand new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already working in this field, your city organization or other employer might possibly pay for some or possibly all your tuition charges in connection with these training courses.
Schools that might work for you:
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Career options include engineering. Consider engineer degree options in NV.