A degree in law enforcement can prepare you for an exciting career.
Almost everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing the police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some people, these kinds of programs and movies ignited a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career up and running.
A number of schools and web-based universities present one and two year degree programs together with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In many cases, a single or two year associate’s diploma can make you qualified for a job on a law enforcement service, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous avenues you might set off on with your criminal justice degree. A lot of graduates will go on to work in career fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator services.
People who have goals of getting a job as an FBI agent or a comparable government agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a minimum of three years of solid work experience. You could possibly be required to have a college degree from a group range of recommended majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and be prepared to successfully pass a complete background records screening.
Internet learning can be a good substitute to conventional education for those folks on a overloaded daily schedule, holding a job full time, or simply choose to take on a career training course at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are built to cater to employed students and to fit your own private daily schedule.
Most of these careers are in careers where new workers are in just modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you really need to be competitive for some of these jobs.
A lot of the approved schools noted here provide job placement support to students, emerging graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you’re currently employed in this field, your state agency or private employer might possibly finance some or possibly all of your tuition costs connected with these education programs.
Learn more about these schools:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Other career alternatives include engineering. You could look at engineer-type education in NH.