A degree in law enforcement can prepare you for an exciting career.
Almost everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing the police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some people, these kinds of programs and movies ignited a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career up and running.
A number of schools and web-based universities present one and two year degree programs together with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In many cases, a single or two year associate’s diploma can make you qualified for a job on a law enforcement service, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous avenues you might set off on with your criminal justice degree. A lot of graduates will go on to work in career fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator services.
People who have goals of getting a job as an FBI agent or a comparable government agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a minimum of three years of solid work experience. You could possibly be required to have a college degree from a group range of recommended majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and be prepared to successfully pass a complete background records screening.
Internet learning can be a good substitute to conventional education for those folks on a overloaded daily schedule, holding a job full time, or simply choose to take on a career training course at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are built to cater to employed students and to fit your own private daily schedule.
Most of these careers are in careers where new workers are in just modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you really need to be competitive for some of these jobs.
A lot of the approved schools noted here provide job placement support to students, emerging graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you’re currently employed in this field, your state agency or private employer might possibly finance some or possibly all of your tuition costs connected with these education programs.
Learn more about these schools:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration
- BS Criminal Justice - Homeland Sec/Counter Terrorism
- BS Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Other career alternatives include engineering. You could look at engineer-type education in NH.