A degree in law enforcement can prepare you for an exciting career.
Almost everyone has grown up watching television shows and movies showing the police or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some people, these kinds of programs and movies ignited a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this may be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from an online school and get your new career up and running.
A number of schools and web-based universities present one and two year degree programs together with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In many cases, a single or two year associate’s diploma can make you qualified for a job on a law enforcement service, although more formal education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous avenues you might set off on with your criminal justice degree. A lot of graduates will go on to work in career fields such as private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation department officials or private investigator services.
People who have goals of getting a job as an FBI agent or a comparable government agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree and getting a minimum of three years of solid work experience. You could possibly be required to have a college degree from a group range of recommended majors, enjoy fluency in an additional language, and be prepared to successfully pass a complete background records screening.
Internet learning can be a good substitute to conventional education for those folks on a overloaded daily schedule, holding a job full time, or simply choose to take on a career training course at their own individual rate. These web-based systems are built to cater to employed students and to fit your own private daily schedule.
Most of these careers are in careers where new workers are in just modest demand. But you can obtain the exact training you really need to be competitive for some of these jobs.
A lot of the approved schools noted here provide job placement support to students, emerging graduates and even past students.
Plus in case you’re currently employed in this field, your state agency or private employer might possibly finance some or possibly all of your tuition costs connected with these education programs.
Learn more about these schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
Other career alternatives include engineering. You could look at engineer-type education in NH.