A law enforcement professional’s job can be a combination of interesting and challenging elements.
Virtually all of us have spent years watching television programs and movies showing police officers and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If this may be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career up and running.
Several schools and web-based colleges present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year community college degree may get you ready for a beginning position on a local law department, although continuing education is often encouraged.
There are many local paths that you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
If you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal department member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus get a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You could possibly be required to hold a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be able to pass a thorough background records check.
Online education can be a great substitute to traditional courses for students who are on a swamped schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These online systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to fit with your own private schedule.
Many of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. You can obtain the technical preparation you will need to contend for one of these positions.
Most of the accredited schools listed on this site include career placement guidance to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is already employed in this field, your state organization or other employer may finance a portion or all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
There are some good options:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- BS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- AAS, Legal Studies
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
If you feel that this type of major isn’t right for you, you can check into other options, such as engineer degrees and training in NJ.