A law enforcement professional’s job can be a combination of interesting and challenging elements.
Virtually all of us have spent years watching television programs and movies showing police officers and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If this may be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career up and running.
Several schools and web-based colleges present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year community college degree may get you ready for a beginning position on a local law department, although continuing education is often encouraged.
There are many local paths that you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
If you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal department member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus get a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You could possibly be required to hold a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be able to pass a thorough background records check.
Online education can be a great substitute to traditional courses for students who are on a swamped schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These online systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to fit with your own private schedule.
Many of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. You can obtain the technical preparation you will need to contend for one of these positions.
Most of the accredited schools listed on this site include career placement guidance to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is already employed in this field, your state organization or other employer may finance a portion or all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
There are some good options:
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration
- BS Criminal Justice - Homeland Sec/Counter Terrorism
- BS Criminal Justice
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- BS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- AAS, Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
If you feel that this type of major isn’t right for you, you can check into other options, such as engineer degrees and training in NJ.