A law enforcement professional’s job can be a combination of interesting and challenging elements.
Virtually all of us have spent years watching television programs and movies showing police officers and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If this may be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career up and running.
Several schools and web-based colleges present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year community college degree may get you ready for a beginning position on a local law department, although continuing education is often encouraged.
There are many local paths that you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
If you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal department member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus get a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You could possibly be required to hold a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be able to pass a thorough background records check.
Online education can be a great substitute to traditional courses for students who are on a swamped schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These online systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to fit with your own private schedule.
Many of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. You can obtain the technical preparation you will need to contend for one of these positions.
Most of the accredited schools listed on this site include career placement guidance to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is already employed in this field, your state organization or other employer may finance a portion or all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
There are some good options:
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- BS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- AAS, Legal Studies
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
If you feel that this type of major isn’t right for you, you can check into other options, such as engineer degrees and training in NJ.