A law enforcement professional’s job can be a combination of interesting and challenging elements.
Virtually all of us have spent years watching television programs and movies showing police officers and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few folks, these types of programs and movies ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If this may be your career calling also, you can earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career up and running.
Several schools and web-based colleges present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Federal Work?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year community college degree may get you ready for a beginning position on a local law department, although continuing education is often encouraged.
There are many local paths that you might set off on with your new law enforcement education. A number of students will go to work within areas like commercial security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
If you have hopes of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a related federal department member, you will want to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus get a minimum of three years of professional work experience. You could possibly be required to hold a degree from a specified list of accepted majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be able to pass a thorough background records check.
Online education can be a great substitute to traditional courses for students who are on a swamped schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to undertake a diploma package at their own speed. These online systems are built to cater to full-time working students and to fit with your own private schedule.
Many of these positions are in careers where employment is in just modest demand. You can obtain the technical preparation you will need to contend for one of these positions.
Most of the accredited schools listed on this site include career placement guidance to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is already employed in this field, your state organization or other employer may finance a portion or all your tuition charges connected with these education programs.
There are some good options:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
If you feel that this type of major isn’t right for you, you can check into other options, such as engineer degrees and training in NJ.