Does a career in law enforcement or criminal justice interest you?
Practically everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police officers or other law agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good university and get your new career started.
Some schools and online colleges offer one or two year diploma programs along with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In many circumstances, a single or two-year associate diploma can get you ready for a job with a legal enforcement service, even though extra education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of ways you could set off on with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students begin their work within areas including commercial security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
In case you have goals of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and get a couple of years of solid job experience. You may be asked to attain a diploma from a group range of majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be prepared to get through a complete background records screening.
Web-based learning is a fantastic solution to campus-based education for those who are on a swamped schedule, holding a job full time, or just wish to take on a diploma package at their own individual pace. These internet programs are built to suit full-time working students and to suit your personal daily schedule.
Many of these jobs are in career fields where jobs are in just modest demand. But you can usually get the specialized instruction you really should have to compete for some of these employment opportunities.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this site furnish employment placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your agency or other employer might cover some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges related to these continuing education classes.
Schools you could consider:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Criminal Justice Associate Degree (AAS)
- Paralegal Associate Degree (AAS)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
There are other career options besides these. Go to http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com