Does a career in law enforcement or criminal justice interest you?
Practically everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police officers or other law agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good university and get your new career started.
Some schools and online colleges offer one or two year diploma programs along with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In many circumstances, a single or two-year associate diploma can get you ready for a job with a legal enforcement service, even though extra education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of ways you could set off on with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students begin their work within areas including commercial security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
In case you have goals of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and get a couple of years of solid job experience. You may be asked to attain a diploma from a group range of majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be prepared to get through a complete background records screening.
Web-based learning is a fantastic solution to campus-based education for those who are on a swamped schedule, holding a job full time, or just wish to take on a diploma package at their own individual pace. These internet programs are built to suit full-time working students and to suit your personal daily schedule.
Many of these jobs are in career fields where jobs are in just modest demand. But you can usually get the specialized instruction you really should have to compete for some of these employment opportunities.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this site furnish employment placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your agency or other employer might cover some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges related to these continuing education classes.
Schools you could consider:
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
There are other career options besides these. Go to http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com