Does a career in law enforcement or criminal justice interest you?
Practically everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police officers or other law agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good university and get your new career started.
Some schools and online colleges offer one or two year diploma programs along with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In many circumstances, a single or two-year associate diploma can get you ready for a job with a legal enforcement service, even though extra education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of ways you could set off on with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students begin their work within areas including commercial security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
In case you have goals of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and get a couple of years of solid job experience. You may be asked to attain a diploma from a group range of majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be prepared to get through a complete background records screening.
Web-based learning is a fantastic solution to campus-based education for those who are on a swamped schedule, holding a job full time, or just wish to take on a diploma package at their own individual pace. These internet programs are built to suit full-time working students and to suit your personal daily schedule.
Many of these jobs are in career fields where jobs are in just modest demand. But you can usually get the specialized instruction you really should have to compete for some of these employment opportunities.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this site furnish employment placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your agency or other employer might cover some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges related to these continuing education classes.
Schools you could consider:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
There are other career options besides these. Go to http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com