Does a career in law enforcement or criminal justice interest you?
Practically everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police officers or other law agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a good university and get your new career started.
Some schools and online colleges offer one or two year diploma programs along with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency?
In many circumstances, a single or two-year associate diploma can get you ready for a job with a legal enforcement service, even though extra education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of ways you could set off on with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students begin their work within areas including commercial security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator services.
In case you have goals of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and get a couple of years of solid job experience. You may be asked to attain a diploma from a group range of majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, plus be prepared to get through a complete background records screening.
Web-based learning is a fantastic solution to campus-based education for those who are on a swamped schedule, holding a job full time, or just wish to take on a diploma package at their own individual pace. These internet programs are built to suit full-time working students and to suit your personal daily schedule.
Many of these jobs are in career fields where jobs are in just modest demand. But you can usually get the specialized instruction you really should have to compete for some of these employment opportunities.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this site furnish employment placement help to students, recent graduates and even alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your agency or other employer might cover some or perhaps even all of your tuition charges related to these continuing education classes.
Schools you could consider:
- Criminal Justice
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
There are other career options besides these. Go to http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com