Do you think you have what it takes to become a good law enforcement professional?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police officers and other legal agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a good college and get your new career rolling.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of scenarios, a single or two year community college degree could make you qualified for an entry job on a law service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s a lot of avenues you can travel with your new criminal justice degree. Lots of graduates will work in fields such as private security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related government agency member, you will want to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through some solid work experience. You might be asked to have a diploma from a group range of permitted majors, have fluency in an alternative language, and also be ready to pass a detailed history screening.
Online learning is simply a terrific alternative to conventional classes for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, at work full time, or simply wish to take a career training course at their own personal rate. These web-based programs are designed to satisfy working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in fields where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can earn the specialized education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all of the approved NY colleges noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this industry, your city bureau or private company employer might pay for a portion or all your tuition charges associated with these training programs.
Take a look at these schools:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Criminal Justice
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Advanced Paralegal Studies-AS
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
Want some other career options? Go to www.vocationalschoolonline.com.