Do you think you have what it takes to become a good law enforcement professional?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police officers and other legal agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a good college and get your new career rolling.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of scenarios, a single or two year community college degree could make you qualified for an entry job on a law service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s a lot of avenues you can travel with your new criminal justice degree. Lots of graduates will work in fields such as private security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related government agency member, you will want to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through some solid work experience. You might be asked to have a diploma from a group range of permitted majors, have fluency in an alternative language, and also be ready to pass a detailed history screening.
Online learning is simply a terrific alternative to conventional classes for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, at work full time, or simply wish to take a career training course at their own personal rate. These web-based programs are designed to satisfy working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in fields where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can earn the specialized education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all of the approved NY colleges noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this industry, your city bureau or private company employer might pay for a portion or all your tuition charges associated with these training programs.
Take a look at these schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Want some other career options? Go to www.vocationalschoolonline.com.