Do you think you have what it takes to become a good law enforcement professional?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police officers and other legal agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a good college and get your new career rolling.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of scenarios, a single or two year community college degree could make you qualified for an entry job on a law service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s a lot of avenues you can travel with your new criminal justice degree. Lots of graduates will work in fields such as private security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related government agency member, you will want to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through some solid work experience. You might be asked to have a diploma from a group range of permitted majors, have fluency in an alternative language, and also be ready to pass a detailed history screening.
Online learning is simply a terrific alternative to conventional classes for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, at work full time, or simply wish to take a career training course at their own personal rate. These web-based programs are designed to satisfy working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in fields where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can earn the specialized education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all of the approved NY colleges noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this industry, your city bureau or private company employer might pay for a portion or all your tuition charges associated with these training programs.
Take a look at these schools:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- BS in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- AAS, Legal Studies
- And more...
Want some other career options? Go to www.vocationalschoolonline.com.