Do you think you have what it takes to become a good law enforcement professional?
Just about everyone has spent years watching television shows depicting police officers and other legal agencies who combat crime. For a few folks, these shows and movies stimulated a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a good college and get your new career rolling.
A good number of schools and online institutions give one and two year degree programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of scenarios, a single or two year community college degree could make you qualified for an entry job on a law service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s a lot of avenues you can travel with your new criminal justice degree. Lots of graduates will work in fields such as private security services, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, corrections guards, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related government agency member, you will want to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through some solid work experience. You might be asked to have a diploma from a group range of permitted majors, have fluency in an alternative language, and also be ready to pass a detailed history screening.
Online learning is simply a terrific alternative to conventional classes for students who are on a hectic daily schedule, at work full time, or simply wish to take a career training course at their own personal rate. These web-based programs are designed to satisfy working students and to match your individual daily schedule.
A number of these jobs are in fields where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can earn the specialized education you really will need to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all of the approved NY colleges noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even alumni.
And in case you are already working in this industry, your city bureau or private company employer might pay for a portion or all your tuition charges associated with these training programs.
Take a look at these schools:
- Enhance your skills and prepare for a rewarding career in criminal justice. Apply to Grand Canyon University!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Become a legal expert and preserve a healthy community surrounded by safety, security and justice.
- Build legal-related skills in crime analysis, strategic planning and law enforcement to meet community demands.
- Help professionals in law enforcement address issues in public policy, social research and justice administration.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Studies (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Want some other career options? Go to www.vocationalschoolonline.com.