Has the law enforcement or criminal justice career field always interested you?
Practically everyone has spent countless hours watching television programs and movies depicting the police and other criminal enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows triggered a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A variety of schools and internet-based universities have one or two year diplomas as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year junior college degree could qualify you for a starting job on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is commonly encouraged.
There are many roads you can decide to take with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within areas including private security providers, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation officials or private eye services.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will want to earn your bachelor of science diploma and completing a couple of years of strong job experience. You will likely be required to attain a degree from a set list of recommended majors, already have fluency in a second language, and be able to pass a comprehensive history screening.
Internet education is really a perfect alternative to traditional education for students on a stressful schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to take a career training program at their own personal tempo. These internet packages are engineered to cater to working students and to suit your personal routine.
A lot of these jobs are in areas where job opportunities are in average demand. But you can earn the technical education you need to have to be competitive for one of these job positions.
The vast majority of accredited schools cited on this page provide work placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this field, your federal bureau or private employer may finance some or even all of your tuition expenses connected with these education programs.
Take a look through these choices:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Take a look at other degree choices. Visit http://Vocationalschoolonline.com