Has the law enforcement or criminal justice career field always interested you?
Practically everyone has spent countless hours watching television programs and movies depicting the police and other criminal enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows triggered a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A variety of schools and internet-based universities have one or two year diplomas as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year junior college degree could qualify you for a starting job on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is commonly encouraged.
There are many roads you can decide to take with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within areas including private security providers, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation officials or private eye services.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will want to earn your bachelor of science diploma and completing a couple of years of strong job experience. You will likely be required to attain a degree from a set list of recommended majors, already have fluency in a second language, and be able to pass a comprehensive history screening.
Internet education is really a perfect alternative to traditional education for students on a stressful schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to take a career training program at their own personal tempo. These internet packages are engineered to cater to working students and to suit your personal routine.
A lot of these jobs are in areas where job opportunities are in average demand. But you can earn the technical education you need to have to be competitive for one of these job positions.
The vast majority of accredited schools cited on this page provide work placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this field, your federal bureau or private employer may finance some or even all of your tuition expenses connected with these education programs.
Take a look through these choices:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Take a look at other degree choices. Visit http://Vocationalschoolonline.com