Has the law enforcement or criminal justice career field always interested you?
Practically everyone has spent countless hours watching television programs and movies depicting the police and other criminal enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows triggered a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this might be your career calling as well, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good college and get your career up and running.
A variety of schools and internet-based universities have one or two year diplomas as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a large percentage of cases, a single or two year junior college degree could qualify you for a starting job on a city legal enforcement service, even though continued education is commonly encouraged.
There are many roads you can decide to take with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of graduates begin their work within areas including private security providers, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation officials or private eye services.
People who have goals of becoming an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will want to earn your bachelor of science diploma and completing a couple of years of strong job experience. You will likely be required to attain a degree from a set list of recommended majors, already have fluency in a second language, and be able to pass a comprehensive history screening.
Internet education is really a perfect alternative to traditional education for students on a stressful schedule, holding a job full time, or merely need to take a career training program at their own personal tempo. These internet packages are engineered to cater to working students and to suit your personal routine.
A lot of these jobs are in areas where job opportunities are in average demand. But you can earn the technical education you need to have to be competitive for one of these job positions.
The vast majority of accredited schools cited on this page provide work placement assistance to current students, new graduates and even past students.
And if you are already working in this field, your federal bureau or private employer may finance some or even all of your tuition expenses connected with these education programs.
Take a look through these choices:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Take a look at other degree choices. Visit http://Vocationalschoolonline.com