Have you considered going to school to become a law enforcement professional?
Practically all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing the police and other legal agencies battling crime. For some men and women, these programs and movies activated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your next career started.
A variety of schools and web-based institutions supply one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency Position?
In the majority of circumstances, a one or two year associates diploma may get you ready for a starting job at a city legal enforcement department, while extra education is often recommended.
There are numerous roads that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. A lot of students begin their work within career fields like private security businesses, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
For people with aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will have to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through a couple of years of solid job experience. You could possibly be required to hold a diploma from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in a different language, plus be prepared to successfully pass a detailed history check.
Internet education is really a terrific substitute to traditional education for those people on a stressful daily schedule, employed full time, or just need to work on a career training program at their own pace. These internet services are constructed to cater to working students and to fit your own personal routine.
A number of these vocations are in areas where new jobs are in just average demand. You can secure the technical education you really have to have to be competitive for some of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of approved colleges outlined here provide work placement services to current students, recent graduates and even past students.
And if you’re currently employed in this field, your state bureau or other employer may finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education courses.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Criminal Justice
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Take a look at other career alternatives available in OH – Visit http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com