Have you considered going to school to become a law enforcement professional?
Practically all of us have spent years watching tv shows showing the police and other legal agencies battling crime. For some men and women, these programs and movies activated a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you think this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from an online school and get your next career started.
A variety of schools and web-based institutions supply one or two year degree programs in addition to four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Federal Agency Position?
In the majority of circumstances, a one or two year associates diploma may get you ready for a starting job at a city legal enforcement department, while extra education is often recommended.
There are numerous roads that you can decide to take with your new law enforcement diploma. A lot of students begin their work within career fields like private security businesses, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private investigator services.
For people with aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency associate, you will have to secure your bachelor of science diploma and go through a couple of years of solid job experience. You could possibly be required to hold a diploma from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in a different language, plus be prepared to successfully pass a detailed history check.
Internet education is really a terrific substitute to traditional education for those people on a stressful daily schedule, employed full time, or just need to work on a career training program at their own pace. These internet services are constructed to cater to working students and to fit your own personal routine.
A number of these vocations are in areas where new jobs are in just average demand. You can secure the technical education you really have to have to be competitive for some of these work opportunities.
The vast majority of approved colleges outlined here provide work placement services to current students, recent graduates and even past students.
And if you’re currently employed in this field, your state bureau or other employer may finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education courses.
These schools offer degree programs:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Legal Studies (BS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Take a look at other career alternatives available in OH – Visit http://www.vocationalschoolonline.com