Law enforcement or criminal justice can be a great career — is it right for you?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think this could be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and web-based colleges provide one and two year diploma programs along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a single or two-year community college diploma will qualify you for an entry position on a legal enforcement organization, even though ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of roads that you may choose with your law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within job areas like private security agencies, police departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have aspirations of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma plus getting a minimum of three years of professional employment experience. You will most likely be asked to attain a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, and also be ready to pass a complete background screening.
Web-based learning is a terrific option to conventional classes for those people on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or just want to work on a diploma package at their own individual rate. These web-based training programs are constructed to cater to employed students and to fit with your own individual daily routine.
Several of these careers are in specific fields where employment is in just average demand. You can obtain the technical training you need to contend for one of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited colleges cited on this page include employment placement support to students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly cover some or even all your tuition costs in connection with these continuing education courses.
We have put together a list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
Take a look at more degree alternatives, visit VocationalSchoolOnline.com