Law enforcement or criminal justice can be a great career — is it right for you?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think this could be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and web-based colleges provide one and two year diploma programs along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a single or two-year community college diploma will qualify you for an entry position on a legal enforcement organization, even though ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of roads that you may choose with your law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within job areas like private security agencies, police departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have aspirations of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma plus getting a minimum of three years of professional employment experience. You will most likely be asked to attain a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, and also be ready to pass a complete background screening.
Web-based learning is a terrific option to conventional classes for those people on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or just want to work on a diploma package at their own individual rate. These web-based training programs are constructed to cater to employed students and to fit with your own individual daily routine.
Several of these careers are in specific fields where employment is in just average demand. You can obtain the technical training you need to contend for one of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited colleges cited on this page include employment placement support to students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly cover some or even all your tuition costs in connection with these continuing education courses.
We have put together a list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Take a look at more degree alternatives, visit VocationalSchoolOnline.com