Law enforcement or criminal justice can be a great career — is it right for you?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of movies and shows ignited a calling with them to protect and serve the public. If you think this could be your calling too, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and web-based colleges provide one and two year diploma programs along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency?
In a great deal of circumstances, a single or two-year community college diploma will qualify you for an entry position on a legal enforcement organization, even though ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are lots of roads that you may choose with your law enforcement education. A number of graduates will go on to work within job areas like private security agencies, police departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility officers, probation authorities or private detective services.
For those who have aspirations of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency member, you will have to attain your bachelor of science diploma plus getting a minimum of three years of professional employment experience. You will most likely be asked to attain a college diploma from a specified list of accepted majors, have fluency in a second language, and also be ready to pass a complete background screening.
Web-based learning is a terrific option to conventional classes for those people on a stressful daily schedule, working full time, or just want to work on a diploma package at their own individual rate. These web-based training programs are constructed to cater to employed students and to fit with your own individual daily routine.
Several of these careers are in specific fields where employment is in just average demand. You can obtain the technical training you need to contend for one of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited colleges cited on this page include employment placement support to students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus in case you are currently employed in this industry, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly cover some or even all your tuition costs in connection with these continuing education courses.
We have put together a list:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
Take a look at more degree alternatives, visit VocationalSchoolOnline.com