Thinking about becoming a law enforcement or other criminal justice major?
Almost all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
A number of schools and online colleges present one or two year diploma programs together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In many situations, a single or two year associate’s diploma may get your qualified for a beginning job with a city legal enforcement service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths you might decide to take with your new criminal justice degree. A number of graduates will work in fields like private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will have to finish your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting some actual employment experience. You will probably have to possess a college diploma from a group range of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternative language, and be prepared to successfully pass a detailed history check.
Online learning can be a good alternative to walk-on campus courses for those people on a stressful schedule, working full time, or just need to work on a career training course at their own personal rate. These online programs are established to work with on the job students and to match your own private daily routine.
A lot of these positions are in areas where new workers are in moderate demand. You can earn the exact training and education you must have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
Almost all the approved schools cited on this page deliver employment placement services to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this industry, your bureau or other employer might cover a portion or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
Here is a short list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Crime Scene Investigation
- And more...
Take a look at more career choices at other Portland schools.