Thinking about becoming a law enforcement or other criminal justice major?
Almost all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
A number of schools and online colleges present one or two year diploma programs together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In many situations, a single or two year associate’s diploma may get your qualified for a beginning job with a city legal enforcement service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths you might decide to take with your new criminal justice degree. A number of graduates will work in fields like private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will have to finish your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting some actual employment experience. You will probably have to possess a college diploma from a group range of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternative language, and be prepared to successfully pass a detailed history check.
Online learning can be a good alternative to walk-on campus courses for those people on a stressful schedule, working full time, or just need to work on a career training course at their own personal rate. These online programs are established to work with on the job students and to match your own private daily routine.
A lot of these positions are in areas where new workers are in moderate demand. You can earn the exact training and education you must have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
Almost all the approved schools cited on this page deliver employment placement services to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this industry, your bureau or other employer might cover a portion or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
Here is a short list:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Have a Fascination with Crime or a Passion for Justice? Get Educated in the Criminal Justice Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Criminal Justice & Criminalistics, Forensic Science, Law Enforcement Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Take a look at more career choices at other Portland schools.