Thinking about becoming a law enforcement or other criminal justice major?
Almost all of us have grown up watching tv shows and movies depicting police officers or other criminal enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few people, these shows activated a calling with them to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online university and get your next career moving.
A number of schools and online colleges present one or two year diploma programs together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Work?
In many situations, a single or two year associate’s diploma may get your qualified for a beginning job with a city legal enforcement service, even though extra education is certainly encouraged.
There’s lots of paths you might decide to take with your new criminal justice degree. A number of graduates will work in fields like private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
For those who have ambitions of getting employed as an FBI or CIA agent or a similar agency member, you will have to finish your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting some actual employment experience. You will probably have to possess a college diploma from a group range of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternative language, and be prepared to successfully pass a detailed history check.
Online learning can be a good alternative to walk-on campus courses for those people on a stressful schedule, working full time, or just need to work on a career training course at their own personal rate. These online programs are established to work with on the job students and to match your own private daily routine.
A lot of these positions are in areas where new workers are in moderate demand. You can earn the exact training and education you must have to compete for one of these work opportunities.
Almost all the approved schools cited on this page deliver employment placement services to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
Plus for anyone who is currently employed in this industry, your bureau or other employer might cover a portion or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
Here is a short list:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Take a look at more career choices at other Portland schools.