Thinking about going to school for law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies battling crime. For some people, these movies and shows activated a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career launched.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year junior college degree will qualify you for an entry position on a local law department, while ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous ways that you might choose with your new criminal justice diploma. Lots of students go on to work within career fields like independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private investigator services.
For people who have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid job experience. You will probably be required to earn a college diploma from a group list of approved majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background screening.
Web-based education is simply a fantastic substitute to walk-on campus education for people on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just wish to undertake a degree program at their own individual pace. These online programs are made to accommodate employed students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these careers are in market segments where new jobs are in moderate demand. You might get the exact training and education you really should have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the approved institutions cited here deliver work placement support to students, new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re already employed in this industry, your city bureau or private employer might cover some or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
We have built a list of schools:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate of Applied Science
- Paralegal - Associate of Applied Science
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Criminal Justice & First Response - Associate
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Paralegal - Associate in Specialized Business
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- And more...
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Paralegal Studies
Most students take a look at various alternatives if they aren’t certain. Browse career options after vocational training.