Thinking about going to school for law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies battling crime. For some people, these movies and shows activated a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career launched.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year junior college degree will qualify you for an entry position on a local law department, while ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous ways that you might choose with your new criminal justice diploma. Lots of students go on to work within career fields like independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private investigator services.
For people who have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid job experience. You will probably be required to earn a college diploma from a group list of approved majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background screening.
Web-based education is simply a fantastic substitute to walk-on campus education for people on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just wish to undertake a degree program at their own individual pace. These online programs are made to accommodate employed students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these careers are in market segments where new jobs are in moderate demand. You might get the exact training and education you really should have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the approved institutions cited here deliver work placement support to students, new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re already employed in this industry, your city bureau or private employer might cover some or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
We have built a list of schools:
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Paralegal (Hybrid)
- And more...
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Paralegal Studies
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
Most students take a look at various alternatives if they aren’t certain. Browse career options after vocational training.