Thinking about going to school for law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies battling crime. For some people, these movies and shows activated a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career launched.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year junior college degree will qualify you for an entry position on a local law department, while ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous ways that you might choose with your new criminal justice diploma. Lots of students go on to work within career fields like independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private investigator services.
For people who have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid job experience. You will probably be required to earn a college diploma from a group list of approved majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background screening.
Web-based education is simply a fantastic substitute to walk-on campus education for people on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just wish to undertake a degree program at their own individual pace. These online programs are made to accommodate employed students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these careers are in market segments where new jobs are in moderate demand. You might get the exact training and education you really should have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the approved institutions cited here deliver work placement support to students, new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re already employed in this industry, your city bureau or private employer might cover some or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
We have built a list of schools:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Criminal Justice Administration
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Paralegal - Associate in Specialized Business
Most students take a look at various alternatives if they aren’t certain. Browse career options after vocational training.