Thinking about going to school for law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies battling crime. For some people, these movies and shows activated a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career launched.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year junior college degree will qualify you for an entry position on a local law department, while ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous ways that you might choose with your new criminal justice diploma. Lots of students go on to work within career fields like independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private investigator services.
For people who have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid job experience. You will probably be required to earn a college diploma from a group list of approved majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background screening.
Web-based education is simply a fantastic substitute to walk-on campus education for people on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just wish to undertake a degree program at their own individual pace. These online programs are made to accommodate employed students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these careers are in market segments where new jobs are in moderate demand. You might get the exact training and education you really should have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the approved institutions cited here deliver work placement support to students, new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re already employed in this industry, your city bureau or private employer might cover some or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
We have built a list of schools:
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Criminal Justice & First Response - Associate
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Administration Bachelor Degree
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Paralegal Studies
Most students take a look at various alternatives if they aren’t certain. Browse career options after vocational training.