Thinking about going to school for law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Nearly all of us have spent countless hours watching tv shows showing police detectives or other law agencies battling crime. For some people, these movies and shows activated a career calling to protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your next career launched.
Plenty of schools and online institutions provide one or two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Job or Government Agency?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year junior college degree will qualify you for an entry position on a local law department, while ongoing education is commonly encouraged.
There are numerous ways that you might choose with your new criminal justice diploma. Lots of students go on to work within career fields like independent security firms, sheriff’s departments, city government forces, correctional facility officers, probation representatives or private investigator services.
For people who have ambitions of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to earn your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid job experience. You will probably be required to earn a college diploma from a group list of approved majors, already have fluency in some other language, plus be ready to successfully pass a detailed background screening.
Web-based education is simply a fantastic substitute to walk-on campus education for people on a demanding schedule, employed full time, or just wish to undertake a degree program at their own individual pace. These online programs are made to accommodate employed students and to fit your own individual daily routine.
A majority of these careers are in market segments where new jobs are in moderate demand. You might get the exact training and education you really should have to compete for one of these job openings.
Almost all the approved institutions cited here deliver work placement support to students, new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re already employed in this industry, your city bureau or private employer might cover some or possibly all your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
We have built a list of schools:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Paralegal Studies
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Criminal Justice - Associate in Specialized Business
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Most students take a look at various alternatives if they aren’t certain. Browse career options after vocational training.