Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice right for you?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting the police or other law agencies who fight crime. For some individuals, these kinds of shows and movies triggered a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good university and get your next career going.
Various schools and online universities offer one and two year diploma programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Career?
In a large percentage of cases, a one or two-year associate’s diploma could get you ready for a job on a law service, while extra education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you can decide to take with your criminal justice degree. Plenty of graduates start to work in fields like commercial security businesses, police departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private detective companies.
For those who have goals of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will most likely be required to possess a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to pass a complete background records screening.
Internet education is simply a great alternative to traditional classes for those people who are on a hectic daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a degree package at their own individual pace. These online packages are built to work with employed students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Some of these positions are in career fields where new jobs are in modest demand. You can usually get the exact education you really need to be competitive for some of these positions.
Lots of the accredited institutions listed on this site deliver work placement support to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And if you are currently working in this industry, your city bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all of your tuition costs in connection with these training programs.
Start with this list:
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
There are other alternatives for you. View more at http://www.VocationalSchoolOnline.com