Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice right for you?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies depicting the police or other law agencies who fight crime. For some individuals, these kinds of shows and movies triggered a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your career calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from a good university and get your next career going.
Various schools and online universities offer one and two year diploma programs in addition to bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Career?
In a large percentage of cases, a one or two-year associate’s diploma could get you ready for a job on a law service, while extra education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you can decide to take with your criminal justice degree. Plenty of graduates start to work in fields like commercial security businesses, police departments, city or state government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation department officers or private detective companies.
For those who have goals of beginning a career as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related government agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of actual job experience. You will most likely be required to possess a college degree from a specified range of approved majors, already have fluency in another language, and also be prepared to pass a complete background records screening.
Internet education is simply a great alternative to traditional classes for those people who are on a hectic daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a degree package at their own individual pace. These online packages are built to work with employed students and to suit your individual daily schedule.
Some of these positions are in career fields where new jobs are in modest demand. You can usually get the exact education you really need to be competitive for some of these positions.
Lots of the accredited institutions listed on this site deliver work placement support to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And if you are currently working in this industry, your city bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all of your tuition costs in connection with these training programs.
Start with this list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
There are other alternatives for you. View more at http://www.VocationalSchoolOnline.com