Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice something you are considering?
Practically everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few people, these types of shows and movies ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this might be your career calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your next career moving.
Many schools and web-based colleges present one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two year associate degree may get your qualified for an entry job on a law department, even though continuing education is commonly recommended.
There are lots of roads you may choose with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work in career fields such as private security providers, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You could possibly have to hold a degree from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in some other language, and also be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Internet learning is a perfect option to conventional education for people on a crowded schedule, holding a job full time, or simply want to take a diploma program at their own individual rate. These internet programs are built to work with on the job students and to fit your individual daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in average demand. You may get the technical education you really have to have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the approved colleges outlined on this site furnish career placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all your tuition charges connected with these continuing education courses.
You can begin with this list:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Criminal Justice
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
You don’t have to end up in this career field, of course, you could consider other vocational training at www.VocationalSchoolonline.com