Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice something you are considering?
Practically everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few people, these types of shows and movies ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this might be your career calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your next career moving.
Many schools and web-based colleges present one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two year associate degree may get your qualified for an entry job on a law department, even though continuing education is commonly recommended.
There are lots of roads you may choose with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work in career fields such as private security providers, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You could possibly have to hold a degree from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in some other language, and also be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Internet learning is a perfect option to conventional education for people on a crowded schedule, holding a job full time, or simply want to take a diploma program at their own individual rate. These internet programs are built to work with on the job students and to fit your individual daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in average demand. You may get the technical education you really have to have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the approved colleges outlined on this site furnish career placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all your tuition charges connected with these continuing education courses.
You can begin with this list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Criminal Justice
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
You don’t have to end up in this career field, of course, you could consider other vocational training at www.VocationalSchoolonline.com