Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice something you are considering?
Practically everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few people, these types of shows and movies ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this might be your career calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your next career moving.
Many schools and web-based colleges present one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two year associate degree may get your qualified for an entry job on a law department, even though continuing education is commonly recommended.
There are lots of roads you may choose with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work in career fields such as private security providers, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You could possibly have to hold a degree from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in some other language, and also be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Internet learning is a perfect option to conventional education for people on a crowded schedule, holding a job full time, or simply want to take a diploma program at their own individual rate. These internet programs are built to work with on the job students and to fit your individual daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in average demand. You may get the technical education you really have to have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the approved colleges outlined on this site furnish career placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all your tuition charges connected with these continuing education courses.
You can begin with this list:
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
You don’t have to end up in this career field, of course, you could consider other vocational training at www.VocationalSchoolonline.com