Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice something you are considering?
Practically everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few people, these types of shows and movies ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this might be your career calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your next career moving.
Many schools and web-based colleges present one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two year associate degree may get your qualified for an entry job on a law department, even though continuing education is commonly recommended.
There are lots of roads you may choose with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work in career fields such as private security providers, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You could possibly have to hold a degree from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in some other language, and also be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Internet learning is a perfect option to conventional education for people on a crowded schedule, holding a job full time, or simply want to take a diploma program at their own individual rate. These internet programs are built to work with on the job students and to fit your individual daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in average demand. You may get the technical education you really have to have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the approved colleges outlined on this site furnish career placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all your tuition charges connected with these continuing education courses.
You can begin with this list:
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Criminal Justice
- Paralegal Studies
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo University offers over 50 accredited undergraduate degrees, programs and endorsements as well as master's and doctoral programs.
- Saint Leo’s undergraduate and graduate online degree programs prepare you to take advantage of growing career opportunities in a variety of in-demand fields.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited degree today!
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice
- And more...
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Criminal Justice
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
You don’t have to end up in this career field, of course, you could consider other vocational training at www.VocationalSchoolonline.com