Is a career in law enforcement or criminal justice something you are considering?
Practically everyone has spent years watching television shows and movies showing police detectives or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For a few people, these types of shows and movies ignited a calling with them to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think this might be your career calling as well, you can enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your next career moving.
Many schools and web-based colleges present one or two year degrees as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or criminal justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two year associate degree may get your qualified for an entry job on a law department, even though continuing education is commonly recommended.
There are lots of roads you may choose with your criminal justice diploma. Plenty of students will go to work in career fields such as private security providers, sheriff’s departments, state government agencies, corrections officers, probation department officials or private investigator companies.
In case you have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science diploma and go through a minimum of three years of actual work experience. You could possibly have to hold a degree from a set list of majors, enjoy fluency in some other language, and also be able to get through a comprehensive history screening.
Internet learning is a perfect option to conventional education for people on a crowded schedule, holding a job full time, or simply want to take a diploma program at their own individual rate. These internet programs are built to work with on the job students and to fit your individual daily schedule.
The majority of these vocations are in specific fields where jobs are in average demand. You may get the technical education you really have to have to contend for some of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the approved colleges outlined on this site furnish career placement assistance to students, brand-new graduates and even alumni.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might pay for some or perhaps even all your tuition charges connected with these continuing education courses.
You can begin with this list:
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Criminal Justice
- AS Criminal Justice
- Cert in Paralegal (Post-Degree)
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
You don’t have to end up in this career field, of course, you could consider other vocational training at www.VocationalSchoolonline.com