Is a law enforcement or other criminal justice career in your future?
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching tv programs and movies showing police detectives or other legal agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these kinds of programs and movies induced a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from an online college and get your next career up and running.
Many schools and online colleges deliver one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency Work?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two-year associate’s degree may make you eligible for a beginning position on a law enforcement organization, while continuing education is certainly encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you can travel with your new law enforcement degree. Some graduates go on to work in areas like independent security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private eye services.
For people who have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably be asked to earn a college degree from a set list of accepted majors, already have fluency in an additional language, and be prepared to get through a detailed history screening.
Web-based learning is simply a perfect substitute to traditional education for students on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just prefer to go through a career training program at their own pace. These web courses are made to accommodate working students and to suit your own private routine.
A majority of these jobs are in careers where new jobs are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really will need to contend for one of these positions.
Many of the approved colleges mentioned on this page provide work placement aid to students, new graduates and even past students.
And for anyone who is already working in this industry, your federal agency or other employer might possibly cover some or perhaps even all your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Start your search here:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
SD students might have other options – http://www.SchoolsofTechnology.com