Is a law enforcement or other criminal justice career in your future?
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching tv programs and movies showing police detectives or other legal agencies fighting crime. For some individuals, these kinds of programs and movies induced a career calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you feel this might be your calling too, you could sign up for classes in criminal justice from an online college and get your next career up and running.
Many schools and online colleges deliver one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency Work?
In a large amount of situations, a one or two-year associate’s degree may make you eligible for a beginning position on a law enforcement organization, while continuing education is certainly encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you can travel with your new law enforcement degree. Some graduates go on to work in areas like independent security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government agencies, correctional facility officers, probation department representatives or private eye services.
For people who have hopes of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a related agency member, you will want to obtain your bachelor’s of science diploma and completing a couple of years of solid employment experience. You will probably be asked to earn a college degree from a set list of accepted majors, already have fluency in an additional language, and be prepared to get through a detailed history screening.
Web-based learning is simply a perfect substitute to traditional education for students on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or just prefer to go through a career training program at their own pace. These web courses are made to accommodate working students and to suit your own private routine.
A majority of these jobs are in careers where new jobs are in moderate demand. But you can secure the specialized education you really will need to contend for one of these positions.
Many of the approved colleges mentioned on this page provide work placement aid to students, new graduates and even past students.
And for anyone who is already working in this industry, your federal agency or other employer might possibly cover some or perhaps even all your tuition charges in connection with these education programs.
Start your search here:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
SD students might have other options – http://www.SchoolsofTechnology.com