So, you’re thinking about becoming a law enforcement or other criminal justice major?
Nearly everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For some people, these types of programs and movies ignited a career calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your career calling also, you can enroll at a law enforcement from a good university and get your career launched.
Many schools and online institutions have one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In most situations, a single or two year associates diploma could get your qualified for a job with a city legal enforcement organization, while ongoing education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of roads that you might decide to take with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students get to work within areas such as private security firms, police departments, city government forces, corrections officials, probation officers or private eye companies.
For those who have goals of getting a job as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus go through some solid work experience. You will likely be asked to attain a college diploma from a set range of approved majors, already have fluency in an additional language, and be able to get through a thorough background screening.
Web-based learning is a good solution to campus classes for those who are on a swamped daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a career training program at their own pace. These web-based training programs are created to suit employed students and to match your personal routine.
A lot of these careers are in areas where new workers are in modest demand. But you can get the technical preparation you should have to contend for one of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the accredited institutions noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And in case you are already working in this field, your state agency or private employer might finance a portion or even all of your tuition charges related to these education programs.
Begin your research here:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
TN students can have other career avenues – http://Schoolsoftechnology.com