So, you’re thinking about becoming a law enforcement or other criminal justice major?
Nearly everyone has spent years watching tv shows depicting police or other law enforcement agencies battling crime. For some people, these types of programs and movies ignited a career calling to protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this might be your career calling also, you can enroll at a law enforcement from a good university and get your career launched.
Many schools and online institutions have one and two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency Career?
In most situations, a single or two year associates diploma could get your qualified for a job with a city legal enforcement organization, while ongoing education is always recommended.
There’s a lot of roads that you might decide to take with your criminal justice degree. Numerous students get to work within areas such as private security firms, police departments, city government forces, corrections officials, probation officers or private eye companies.
For those who have goals of getting a job as an FBI agent or a similar federal agency associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus go through some solid work experience. You will likely be asked to attain a college diploma from a set range of approved majors, already have fluency in an additional language, and be able to get through a thorough background screening.
Web-based learning is a good solution to campus classes for those who are on a swamped daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely want to take on a career training program at their own pace. These web-based training programs are created to suit employed students and to match your personal routine.
A lot of these careers are in areas where new workers are in modest demand. But you can get the technical preparation you should have to contend for one of these work opportunities.
Almost all of the accredited institutions noted here provide employment placement help to students, brand new graduates and even past students.
And in case you are already working in this field, your state agency or private employer might finance a portion or even all of your tuition charges related to these education programs.
Begin your research here:
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Criminal Justice
TN students can have other career avenues – http://Schoolsoftechnology.com