So, you’re thinking about going to school for a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows and movies depicting police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows stimulated a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career going.
Quite a few schools and online universities deliver one or two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of situations, a single or two-year associates diploma could get your qualified for a starting job with a law enforcement service, while extra education is certainly recommended.
There are lots of local avenues you can take with your new law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates go on to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, city government forces, corrections officials, probation officials or private detective services.
Should you have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus go through some professional job experience. You could be asked to hold a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, possess fluency in an alternate language, plus be able to get through a complete background check.
Online education is simply a great solution to campus courses for people on a stressful schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to take a career training program at their own individual rate. These online systems are made to work with on the job students and to match your own individual schedule.
A number of these jobs are in specific areas where new jobs are in modest demand. You can acquire the specialized education you really will need to compete for one of these positions.
Most of the approved schools mentioned here deliver career placement support to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly pay for a portion or even all of your tuition costs connected with these education programs.
You could start with these schools:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Paralegal Studies - Associates
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
TX students can check out additional choices when it comes to what to major in – www.SchoolsOfTechnology.com