So, you’re thinking about going to school for a law enforcement or other criminal justice degree?
Just about all of us have spent years watching tv shows and movies depicting police and other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few folks, these types of movies and shows stimulated a career calling to get a job that will protect and serve the general public. If you think maybe this could be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from an online school and get your next career going.
Quite a few schools and online universities deliver one or two year degree programs together with four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Federal Agency?
In the majority of situations, a single or two-year associates diploma could get your qualified for a starting job with a law enforcement service, while extra education is certainly recommended.
There are lots of local avenues you can take with your new law enforcement diploma. Quite a few graduates go on to work within career fields including commercial security companies, police departments, city government forces, corrections officials, probation officials or private detective services.
Should you have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a related agency associate, you will want to achieve your bachelor of science degree plus go through some professional job experience. You could be asked to hold a diploma from a specified list of recommended majors, possess fluency in an alternate language, plus be able to get through a complete background check.
Online education is simply a great solution to campus courses for people on a stressful schedule, working full time, or merely prefer to take a career training program at their own individual rate. These online systems are made to work with on the job students and to match your own individual schedule.
A number of these jobs are in specific areas where new jobs are in modest demand. You can acquire the specialized education you really will need to compete for one of these positions.
Most of the approved schools mentioned here deliver career placement support to current students, new graduates and alumni.
And for anyone who is currently working in this industry, your city agency or private employer might possibly pay for a portion or even all of your tuition costs connected with these education programs.
You could start with these schools:
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
- Available programs include B.S. and M.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Legal Studies, and A.S. in Paralegal Studies.
- Accreditation for the Legal Studies and Paralegal Studies programs by the American Bar Association (ABA) at select campuses.
- Criminal Justice and Legal Studies programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Develop and apply basic statistical skills and quantitative reasoning for critical evaluation of quantitative information.
- Understand the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective criminal justice system.
- Examine ethical standards and issues in criminal justice processes and in professional decision making including the ever-present tension between crime control and appropriate civil liberties.
- Survey a range of theoretical approached that explain crime and apply theoretical reasoning and concepts to observations of crime and control.
- Analyze, from a restorative justice perspective, the needs of victims and offenders and the involved community as an alternative to satisfying abstract legal principals or punishing the offender.
- Appreciate the investigative profession as a scientific field; sample and apply physical science methods to solve forensic problems.
- Bachelors in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Law Enforcement Academy (Police) - Bachelor
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
TX students can check out additional choices when it comes to what to major in – www.SchoolsOfTechnology.com