Law enforcement or criminal justice is a great career field — but is it right for you?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching television shows depicting police detectives or other law agencies overcoming crime. For a few men and women, these kinds of shows stimulated a calling to protect and serve the general public. If you believe this could be your career calling also, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a good university and get your next career moving.
A number of schools and online colleges provide one or two year diploma programs along with bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Job or Government Agency Position?
In many situations, a one or two-year junior college degree might qualify you for a starting position at a city law enforcement service, even though continuing education is always encouraged.
There are lots of local avenues that you could decide to take with your new law enforcement education. A number of students will work in fields like private security businesses, sheriff’s departments, city or state government forces, correctional facility guards, probation authorities or private investigator services.
For people who have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or Secret Service agent or a similar agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor of science diploma plus get some solid job experience. You could be required to have a college degree from a group list of majors, possess fluency in a second language, and be ready to pass a comprehensive background records check.
Internet education is really a remarkable option to campus classes for those folks on a challenging daily schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to take on a diploma course at their own individual tempo. These web programs are designed to accommodate full-time working students and to suit your own personal daily routine.
Several of these jobs are in careers where job opportunities are in just modest demand. You can secure the exact training and education you have to have to be competitive for one of these positions.
The majority of the accredited colleges cited here include career placement services to current students, emerging graduates and even alumni.
Plus for anybody who is already employed in this field, your city bureau or other employer may pay for some or all of your tuition expenses in connection with these continuing education classes.
Get started with these schools:
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
UT students can find more career training options at SchoolsofTechnology.com