The law enforcement or criminal justice field can be a terrific career for the right person.
Virtually all of us have spent countless hours watching TV shows showing police officers or other legal agencies who combat crime. For some individuals, these shows stimulated a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you feel this may be your calling also, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a good university and get your next career launched.
Several schools and internet-based colleges offer one or two year diplomas along with four-year degrees in criminal enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Government Agency?
In many scenarios, a one or two year associates diploma may get you ready for a starting position at a city law organization, even though continuing education is certainly encouraged.
There are several local paths that you may go with your new criminal justice degree. Plenty of students will go on to work in areas such as independent security agencies, sheriff’s departments, city or state government agencies, corrections officers, probation officials or private detective services.
In case you have ambitions of becoming an FBI or Secret Service agent or a comparable agency associate, you will have to obtain your bachelor of science degree and completing a couple of years of actual employment experience. You will likely be required to hold a degree from a set range of accepted majors, possess fluency in a different language, and be ready to get through a detailed background screening.
Web-based learning can be a good alternative to traditional classes for those folks who are on a challenging daily schedule, employed full time, or simply wish to go through a diploma package at their own individual speed. These online training programs are established to satisfy working students and to suit your individual routine.
Some of these jobs are in career fields where new jobs are in just average demand. But you can usually get the specialized preparation you have to have to compete for one of these positions.
The vast majority of accredited schools noted on this site deliver work placement support to students, brand new graduates and even past students.
Plus if you’re currently employed in this field, your state agency or private employer may pay for a portion or even all your tuition charges in connection with these continuing education courses.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
VT students can see other vocational training options at more Vermont colleges.