Are you considering a career somewhere in the legal or criminal justice field?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of programs and movies triggered a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career moving.
A good number of schools and online universities present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree will get your qualified for a starting job with a city law department, although ongoing education is often recommended.
There are lots of roads that you can choose with your criminal justice education. Quite a few students will go on to work in areas including commercial security agencies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation department representatives or private detective companies.
Should you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong employment experience. You might be required to have a diploma from a group list of recommended majors, have fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Internet education is a perfect alternative to campus-based education for students who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to work on a diploma package at their own personal speed. These web-based training programs are developed to satisfy on the job students and to fit your personal routine.
Several of these careers are in market segments where new workers are in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact instruction you should have to be competitive for some of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this page offer employment placement guidance to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance a portion or all your tuition expenses related to these continuing education courses.
This short list can get you started:
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Criminal Justice
- Paralegal Studies
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo University offers over 50 accredited undergraduate degrees, programs and endorsements as well as master's and doctoral programs.
- Saint Leo’s undergraduate and graduate online degree programs prepare you to take advantage of growing career opportunities in a variety of in-demand fields.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited degree today!
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
VA students can check out alternatives to a career such as this one. View more VA colleges.