Are you considering a career somewhere in the legal or criminal justice field?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of programs and movies triggered a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career moving.
A good number of schools and online universities present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree will get your qualified for a starting job with a city law department, although ongoing education is often recommended.
There are lots of roads that you can choose with your criminal justice education. Quite a few students will go on to work in areas including commercial security agencies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation department representatives or private detective companies.
Should you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong employment experience. You might be required to have a diploma from a group list of recommended majors, have fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Internet education is a perfect alternative to campus-based education for students who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to work on a diploma package at their own personal speed. These web-based training programs are developed to satisfy on the job students and to fit your personal routine.
Several of these careers are in market segments where new workers are in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact instruction you should have to be competitive for some of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this page offer employment placement guidance to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance a portion or all your tuition expenses related to these continuing education courses.
This short list can get you started:
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice degree online
- Non-profit and institutionally accredited by WASC
- Over 101,000 Argosy University graduates
- Get 24/7 access to online library, tech support, career services, & more
- Various forms of financial aid are available to students who are eligible
- Criminal Justice (BS)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- A unique program focused on the real-world application of criminological principles
- Find courses in Law Enforcement, Security, Anti-terrorism, Corrections, & more
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Ranked one of the best colleges for vets by Military Times 7 years in a row
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Master of Science in Criminal Justice, and more.
- Advanced degrees in criminal justice help working professionals stay up to date on the latest law enforcement practices.
- Some programs offer the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real criminal cases.
- Flexible online and campus-based programs available.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Criminal Justice Studies (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
VA students can check out alternatives to a career such as this one. View more VA colleges.