Are you considering a career somewhere in the legal or criminal justice field?
Almost everyone has spent countless hours watching tv shows and movies depicting the police or other law enforcement agencies fighting crime. For a few individuals, these kinds of programs and movies triggered a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the public. If you think maybe this may be your career calling too, you could enroll at a criminal justice from a good college and get your career moving.
A good number of schools and online universities present one and two year degrees as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Work?
In a lot of circumstances, a one or two year associate degree will get your qualified for a starting job with a city law department, although ongoing education is often recommended.
There are lots of roads that you can choose with your criminal justice education. Quite a few students will go on to work in areas including commercial security agencies, police departments, local government forces, corrections guards, probation department representatives or private detective companies.
Should you have aspirations of getting employed as an FBI agent or a similar agency member, you will want to acquire your bachelor’s of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong employment experience. You might be required to have a diploma from a group list of recommended majors, have fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to pass a thorough background records check.
Internet education is a perfect alternative to campus-based education for students who are on a overloaded daily schedule, working full time, or simply need to work on a diploma package at their own personal speed. These web-based training programs are developed to satisfy on the job students and to fit your personal routine.
Several of these careers are in market segments where new workers are in modest demand. But you can obtain the exact instruction you should have to be competitive for some of these job positions.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this page offer employment placement guidance to students, emerging graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or private employer might possibly finance a portion or all your tuition expenses related to these continuing education courses.
This short list can get you started:
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Legal Support and Services
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws - American Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
VA students can check out alternatives to a career such as this one. View more VA colleges.