Law enforcement and criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
Just about all of us have grown up watching tv shows showing the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your career started.
Plenty of schools and online institutions supply one or two year degrees along with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a lot of circumstances, a single or two-year associates diploma may make you qualified for a position on a law enforcement organization, even though extra education is always encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you might choose with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of graduates will go on to work in fields such as private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections officers, probation officers or private eye companies.
For people who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will need to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of solid employment experience. You might have to attain a college degree from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternate language, and also be ready to get through a complete background check.
Internet learning can be a great solution to campus-based courses for those folks on a hectic schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to undertake a degree package at their own individual speed. These internet services are created to work with employed students and to suit your own individual routine.
Many of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you could get the specialized instruction you really have to have to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this site deliver employment placement support to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might possibly finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education classes.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
WA students might look into other careers too, from other Washington state schools.