Law enforcement and criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
Just about all of us have grown up watching tv shows showing the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your career started.
Plenty of schools and online institutions supply one or two year degrees along with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a lot of circumstances, a single or two-year associates diploma may make you qualified for a position on a law enforcement organization, even though extra education is always encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you might choose with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of graduates will go on to work in fields such as private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections officers, probation officers or private eye companies.
For people who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will need to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of solid employment experience. You might have to attain a college degree from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternate language, and also be ready to get through a complete background check.
Internet learning can be a great solution to campus-based courses for those folks on a hectic schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to undertake a degree package at their own individual speed. These internet services are created to work with employed students and to suit your own individual routine.
Many of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you could get the specialized instruction you really have to have to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this site deliver employment placement support to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might possibly finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education classes.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- BS in Criminal Justice
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
WA students might look into other careers too, from other Washington state schools.