Law enforcement and criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
Just about all of us have grown up watching tv shows showing the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your career started.
Plenty of schools and online institutions supply one or two year degrees along with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a lot of circumstances, a single or two-year associates diploma may make you qualified for a position on a law enforcement organization, even though extra education is always encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you might choose with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of graduates will go on to work in fields such as private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections officers, probation officers or private eye companies.
For people who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will need to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of solid employment experience. You might have to attain a college degree from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternate language, and also be ready to get through a complete background check.
Internet learning can be a great solution to campus-based courses for those folks on a hectic schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to undertake a degree package at their own individual speed. These internet services are created to work with employed students and to suit your own individual routine.
Many of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you could get the specialized instruction you really have to have to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this site deliver employment placement support to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might possibly finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education classes.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science - Paralegal Studies
WA students might look into other careers too, from other Washington state schools.