Law enforcement and criminal justice offers many different career paths. Maybe one is right for you?
Just about all of us have grown up watching tv shows showing the police or other criminal enforcement agencies who fight crime. For some men and women, these movies and shows triggered a calling to get a job that will protect and serve the public. If you think this might be your calling too, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a local or online school and get your career started.
Plenty of schools and online institutions supply one or two year degrees along with four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Law Enforcement or Federal Agency?
In a lot of circumstances, a single or two-year associates diploma may make you qualified for a position on a law enforcement organization, even though extra education is always encouraged.
There are plenty of local ways that you might choose with your new law enforcement diploma. Lots of graduates will go on to work in fields such as private security companies, police departments, local government forces, corrections officers, probation officers or private eye companies.
For people who have ambitions of getting a job as an FBI agent or a related federal agency associate, you will need to acquire your bachelor’s of science diploma plus completing a minimum of three years of solid employment experience. You might have to attain a college degree from a specified list of recommended majors, already have fluency in an alternate language, and also be ready to get through a complete background check.
Internet learning can be a great solution to campus-based courses for those folks on a hectic schedule, on the job full time, or merely need to undertake a degree package at their own individual speed. These internet services are created to work with employed students and to suit your own individual routine.
Many of these jobs are in areas where employment is in moderate demand. But you could get the specialized instruction you really have to have to be competitive for some of these job opportunities.
Almost all the accredited schools discussed on this site deliver employment placement support to current students, recent graduates and alumni.
And for anybody who is currently employed in this field, your federal bureau or other employer might possibly finance some or even all of your tuition expenses related to these continuing education classes.
Affordable schools you can check out:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Interested in enhancing your skills and knowledge in the criminal justice field? Learn more at GCU!
- GCU promotes interdisciplinary studies and research while developing valued skills in the justice workplace.
- Develop collaborative and analytical skills through a rigorous educational environment and Christian worldview.
- GCU's master's and bachelor's degrees prepare students to change lives, enhance communities and ensure the fair treatment of community members.
- Gain the analytical skills and legal expertise needed to evaluate individuals and take charge in a professional legal setting.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
WA students might look into other careers too, from other Washington state schools.