Thinking about getting started in the law enforcement and criminal justice field?
Just about everyone has grown up watching television programs and movies depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these movies and shows induced a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this may be your calling also, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a good school and get your career moving.
Quite a few schools and web-based universities supply one or two year degrees together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Position?
In most instances, a single or two-year associate diploma may qualify you for a beginning position on a local legal enforcement service, although ongoing education is often recommended.
There are plenty of roads you may travel with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work within areas including private security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator companies.
In case you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor of science degree and getting some professional work experience. You may need to hold a diploma from a specified range of permitted majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, and be able to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Internet learning is really a terrific solution to campus-based education for those on a challenging schedule, working full time, or simply choose to work on a career training course at their own personal speed. These web-based systems are constructed to suit full-time working students and to suit your own individual daily schedule.
A lot of these jobs are in specific fields where new workers are in moderate demand. But you can usually get the exact education you really should have to compete for one of these positions.
Lots of the accredited colleges listed here provide career placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal agency or private company employer may pay for some or perhaps even all of your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WV students have more education options from other WV schools.