Thinking about getting started in the law enforcement and criminal justice field?
Just about everyone has grown up watching television programs and movies depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For a few people, these movies and shows induced a calling to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If you believe this may be your calling also, you could earn a degree in law enforcement from a good school and get your career moving.
Quite a few schools and web-based universities supply one or two year degrees together with bachelor’s degrees in criminal enforcement or the justice system.
Local Law Job or Federal Agency Position?
In most instances, a single or two-year associate diploma may qualify you for a beginning position on a local legal enforcement service, although ongoing education is often recommended.
There are plenty of roads you may travel with your criminal justice education. Plenty of students start to work within areas including private security companies, sheriff’s departments, local government agencies, correctional facility guards, probation representatives or private investigator companies.
In case you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a comparable national agency member, you will need to pick up your bachelor of science degree and getting some professional work experience. You may need to hold a diploma from a specified range of permitted majors, possess fluency in an alternative language, and be able to successfully pass a detailed background records check.
Internet learning is really a terrific solution to campus-based education for those on a challenging schedule, working full time, or simply choose to work on a career training course at their own personal speed. These web-based systems are constructed to suit full-time working students and to suit your own individual daily schedule.
A lot of these jobs are in specific fields where new workers are in moderate demand. But you can usually get the exact education you really should have to compete for one of these positions.
Lots of the accredited colleges listed here provide career placement services to current students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And if you’re currently employed in this field, your federal agency or private company employer may pay for some or perhaps even all of your tuition expenses connected with these continuing education classes.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Hofstra University is a private institution whose primary mission is to provide a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas for the betterment of humankind. Hofstra University is committed to academic freedom and to the transmission, advancement and preservation of knowledge for its own academic community and the community at large.
- Online Master of Arts in Health Law and Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
WV students have more education options from other WV schools.