Thinking about starting a career as a law enforcement professional?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows depicting police detectives and other legal agencies combating crime. For some people, these movies and shows induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career moving.
Plenty of schools and web-based universities feature one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a great deal of instances, a one or two year junior college diploma may get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement service, although continued education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you may take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work in areas like commercial security providers, police departments, city government forces, corrections guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
If you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a similar federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong job experience. You might be asked to earn a college degree from a specified list of majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to get through a detailed background screening.
Internet learning is a remarkable substitute to classroom education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or just prefer to work on a diploma course at their own individual tempo. These web-based packages are constructed to satisfy employed students and to fit with your personal daily routine.
Many of these vocations are in career fields where new workers are in modest demand. But you could get the technical education you really need to have to contend for some of these positions.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this page offer employment placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already employed in this industry, your organization or other employer might possibly finance some or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these training programs.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
WI students have other education options – visit them.