Thinking about starting a career as a law enforcement professional?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows depicting police detectives and other legal agencies combating crime. For some people, these movies and shows induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career moving.
Plenty of schools and web-based universities feature one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a great deal of instances, a one or two year junior college diploma may get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement service, although continued education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you may take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work in areas like commercial security providers, police departments, city government forces, corrections guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
If you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a similar federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong job experience. You might be asked to earn a college degree from a specified list of majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to get through a detailed background screening.
Internet learning is a remarkable substitute to classroom education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or just prefer to work on a diploma course at their own individual tempo. These web-based packages are constructed to satisfy employed students and to fit with your personal daily routine.
Many of these vocations are in career fields where new workers are in modest demand. But you could get the technical education you really need to have to contend for some of these positions.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this page offer employment placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already employed in this industry, your organization or other employer might possibly finance some or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these training programs.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security
WI students have other education options – visit them.