Thinking about starting a career as a law enforcement professional?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows depicting police detectives and other legal agencies combating crime. For some people, these movies and shows induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career moving.
Plenty of schools and web-based universities feature one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a great deal of instances, a one or two year junior college diploma may get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement service, although continued education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you may take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work in areas like commercial security providers, police departments, city government forces, corrections guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
If you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a similar federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong job experience. You might be asked to earn a college degree from a specified list of majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to get through a detailed background screening.
Internet learning is a remarkable substitute to classroom education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or just prefer to work on a diploma course at their own individual tempo. These web-based packages are constructed to satisfy employed students and to fit with your personal daily routine.
Many of these vocations are in career fields where new workers are in modest demand. But you could get the technical education you really need to have to contend for some of these positions.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this page offer employment placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already employed in this industry, your organization or other employer might possibly finance some or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these training programs.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's in Criminal Justice Online
- Designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Flexibility for full-time students or working professionals
- Advance your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning
- Prepare to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor's
- Homeland Security - Bachelor's
- Post University has trained thousands of successful professionals in Criminal Justice
- Find concentrations in Legal Studies, Correctional Counseling & more
- 100% online Criminal Justice B.S. degree
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S.in Criminal Justice - General Program
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Crime and Criminals
- BS in Criminal Justice - Corrections & Human Services
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
The path to a brighter future isn’t always clear. We face roadblocks and detours. Sometimes, we make a wrong turn and get lost. No matter where you are in your journey, Baker College can help you move forward to a rewarding career.
At Baker College, we know the importance of a quality education. We are regionally accredited with award-winning faculty. We will be there every step of the way so you can get where you’re going.
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy (Police)
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
WI students have other education options – visit them.