Thinking about starting a career as a law enforcement professional?
Almost all of us have spent countless hours watching television shows depicting police detectives and other legal agencies combating crime. For some people, these movies and shows induced a calling to protect and serve the public. If this could be your calling as well, you could earn a degree in criminal justice from a local or online college and get your new career moving.
Plenty of schools and web-based universities feature one or two year diploma programs as well as bachelor’s degrees in law enforcement or the justice system.
Local Employment or Government Agency Career?
In a great deal of instances, a one or two year junior college diploma may get you ready for a position on a city law enforcement service, although continued education is often recommended.
There are lots of local ways that you may take with your new law enforcement education. A lot of graduates get to work in areas like commercial security providers, police departments, city government forces, corrections guards, probation department officers or private eye companies.
If you have goals of beginning a career as an FBI agent or a similar federal department associate, you will have to acquire your bachelor of science degree plus getting a minimum of three years of strong job experience. You might be asked to earn a college degree from a specified list of majors, enjoy fluency in one other language, plus be prepared to get through a detailed background screening.
Internet learning is a remarkable substitute to classroom education for individuals on a challenging schedule, working full time, or just prefer to work on a diploma course at their own individual tempo. These web-based packages are constructed to satisfy employed students and to fit with your personal daily routine.
Many of these vocations are in career fields where new workers are in modest demand. But you could get the technical education you really need to have to contend for some of these positions.
Most of the accredited institutions outlined on this page offer employment placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
And in case you’re already employed in this industry, your organization or other employer might possibly finance some or possibly all your tuition costs connected with these training programs.
We have a list of affordable options:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Justice Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Legal Studies - Homeland Security (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
WI students have other education options – visit them.