Trying to decide whether formal education as a law enforcement professional is for you?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching tv shows and movies depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some individuals, these shows and movies activated a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If this could be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and online institutions supply one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year community college diploma might qualify you for a starting job at a city law enforcement department, even though continuing education is always encouraged.
There are lots of roads that you can set off on with your new law enforcement education. Many students get to work in areas like private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
Should you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to complete your bachelor’s of science diploma and getting a couple of years of strong employment experience. You will likely be asked to have a diploma from a group list of majors, already have fluency in a second language, and also be ready to pass a complete background screening.
Internet learning is a terrific substitute to traditional classes for people who are on a demanding schedule, holding a job full time, or just want to take on a degree program at their own personal tempo. These web-based courses are developed to accommodate on the job students and to fit your individual routine.
A lot of these vocations are in career fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can earn the exact training you need to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Many of the accredited institutions noted on this site furnish career placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus for anyone who is already employed in this industry, your state bureau or other employer may cover some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training courses.
Look through this short list:
The online Master of Legal Studies program from Pepperdine University School of Law enables nonlawyers from across the United States to develop the legal expertise and credentials to advance within their chosen fields. Students will learn to interpret foundational legal concepts, solve legal challenges, and interact effectively with lawyers.
The School of Law faculty members are legal scholars who will mentor and challenge students to succeed in the classroom and beyond. They focus on providing hands-on training that students can immediately apply in their current professions.
- Master of Legal Studies
- Does Justice Studies and Criminal Justice interest you? Study these subjects and earn your Bachelor or Master of Science degree from Grand Canyon University!
- Pursue or expand on your career in law enforcement, government, social work, or political science.
- Convenience: Bachelor's courses can be completed online, on campus, or a combination of both! Master's courses can be completed online!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Speak to an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in Legal Studies
- B.A. in Government with an Emphasis in State and Local Public Policy
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 100% online
- Courses include Introduction to Law Enforcement, Criminal Law and Procedures, and Criminology
- Program focuses on theoretical and applied criminal justice, the role of law enforcement in the justice system, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Criminal Justice (BS) (Online)
- Master of Law in Compliance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Generalist
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Corrections and Case Management
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice
- Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice: Public Administration
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science In Public Safety and Security
- BS in Corrections
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Applied Criminology (Master of Arts) - Online
- Criminal Justice (Doctorate) - Online
- Jurisprudence with concentration in Legal Studies (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- And more...
WY students might have more options, such as in technology careers which you could check out here.