Trying to decide whether formal education as a law enforcement professional is for you?
Virtually everyone has spent years watching tv shows and movies depicting police and other criminal enforcement agencies who battle crime. For some individuals, these shows and movies activated a calling with them to go into a job where they will protect and serve the general public. If this could be your career calling also, you could enroll at a criminal justice from an online university and get your new career underway.
A variety of schools and online institutions supply one and two year diploma programs as well as four-year degrees in law enforcement or administration of justice.
Local Employment or Government Agency Position?
In a lot of situations, a one or two year community college diploma might qualify you for a starting job at a city law enforcement department, even though continuing education is always encouraged.
There are lots of roads that you can set off on with your new law enforcement education. Many students get to work in areas like private security agencies, sheriff’s departments, local government forces, corrections officials, probation department representatives or private eye companies.
Should you have aspirations of getting a job as an FBI or CIA agent or a comparable government agency member, you will need to complete your bachelor’s of science diploma and getting a couple of years of strong employment experience. You will likely be asked to have a diploma from a group list of majors, already have fluency in a second language, and also be ready to pass a complete background screening.
Internet learning is a terrific substitute to traditional classes for people who are on a demanding schedule, holding a job full time, or just want to take on a degree program at their own personal tempo. These web-based courses are developed to accommodate on the job students and to fit your individual routine.
A lot of these vocations are in career fields where job opportunities are in modest demand. But you can earn the exact training you need to be competitive for some of these employment opportunities.
Many of the accredited institutions noted on this site furnish career placement support to students, brand-new graduates and alumni.
Plus for anyone who is already employed in this industry, your state bureau or other employer may cover some or even all of your tuition expenses associated with these training courses.
Look through this short list:
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice available
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Concentrations include Forensics, Homeland Security, and Cybercrime and Security
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Doctor of Management - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Offers associate and bachelor-level programs in Criminal Justice.
- Program topics include criminal investigation processes and ethics, criminal law, juvenile justice and more.
- A B.A.S. in Criminal Justice program is also available for students who already possess an A.A.S.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies*
- Bachelor of Arts in Government - Pre-Law
- And more...
- Passionate about law and the justice system? Pursue a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Criminal Justice online from Grand Canyon University.
- GCU's Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Master of Science in Criminal Justice are designed to prepare students to serve the needs of 21st century communities.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn your criminal justice degree.
- If you are interested in growing your skills in crime analysis and strategic planning, consider earning a degree in criminal justice.
- Grand Canyon University prepares learners to become global citizens, critical thinkers, effective communicators & responsible leaders by providing an academically challenging curriculum.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - Policing
- Doctor of Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Master of Legal Studies
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Criminal Justice Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at your own pace and Get qualified to pursue a career you'll love.
- Answer a few questions and you are one step closer to enroll in a Top College!
WY students might have more options, such as in technology careers which you could check out here.